I tried

I tried

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                           J.D Salinger

My mentor dear J. D Salinger. I pray you found peace. Life taught you to seek loneliness. You saw the bloody war, opened up the death camps for the world to see. Lost a great love and sought salvation in loneliness. Mr. Salinger, what you could of taught us.

---------------------------------------------------------------

                    Mr. Hemingway

I wish I knew you Ernest. I would of loved to shared a whiskey in Paris with you, a pint of beer in New York city. I would want to hear you talk. You saw two wars and lived a life seeking new places and to test life. Your words left. Education, if you read and try to understand. I wonder what was your last thoughts before you pulled the trigger. Regret or maybe the blood of war had found you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

                 Kosinski

You were a master of the word. Your words hard and true. Only hard reader can read your books. Painted Bird and Being there. My education into real writing. You saw death and you lost everything. You survived war roaming as a child. You left us with more questions than answers. Dear Kosinski. You died alone, plaster bag upon your face and told no-one goodbye. What did you think in the last moments? Did you remember war? Did you remember your family? Did you remember love? One day, I will ask you why at the purgatory Inn?

-------------------------------------------------------------



Words, my friend. Us, who love to write. We bleed to paper. Our blessing and our greatest pain. I held a 30-30 once. Hemingway and Kosinski whispered to me. Not your time yet. We will meet at the Purgatory Inn later. Not tonight.

                       Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great writers Coyote. Men whose words live on after their deaths. Writers who have influenced you. I can understand you wanting to meet them in person. These writers had hard lives, experiencing things that many of us would never encounter. I love reading your words Coyote. You have great wisdom.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. You are very kind.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

A pleasure reading your lines.



Reviews

what a tribute to three greatest writers of all times... their works had inspired you to appreciate the beauty of words and how there are emotions being captured.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. They were great writers. They knew great conflict.
I always hate to hear that anyone has contemplated taking their own life.
Who can say what these tortured souls had as their final thoughts? But, just words? That is never the case. Words can make you laugh, can make you cry, can make you wonder and worry and feel--oh, just anything--but they are powerful, no matter what the intent behind them may be.
Not tonight, you say. Please listen to these (not just)words, dear one--not ever. Keep on hanging on, and remember, whenever it seems like things cannot get any worse,they can only get better. And better.
I hope it helps, too, for you to know this: there is NO SUCH PLACE AS PURGATORY. neither the word nor the concept are actually found in the Bible.
It is entirely a man made idea, designed to scare the people into behaving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Just words my kind friend. I lost two brothers to suicide. I have been reading Salinger's and Heming.. read more
angel

5 Years Ago

Glad to hear you have no dark intentions, sorry to hear about your brothers. Whatever prompted their.. read more
Aiii Coyote- rather bleed with pen on paper than real blood- so much to be happy and grateful for many much worse off than us- from a grateful heart comes more gratitude . Hmmm think it’s time for coffee and chocolate and maybe s gin or two - lol 🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Gin or two. I take a vodka and juice. Thank you dear Kelly for reading and the comment.
most of the great ones are broken, the bleed onto the pages it's true
wonder if it's a cry for help maybe?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Old world. Government told the soldiers. Get over the war and go home. Many could not. Thank you Ana.. read more
Coyote -
I appreciate what you say, but all those you wrote about were those who took their own lives. In taking theirs they denied the rest of us their further genius, surely that is not what you are suggesting - please?
Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Too mean for suicide my friend. I have been on a Hemingway/Salinger reading kick. I have read all Sa.. read more
Great writers Coyote. Men whose words live on after their deaths. Writers who have influenced you. I can understand you wanting to meet them in person. These writers had hard lives, experiencing things that many of us would never encounter. I love reading your words Coyote. You have great wisdom.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. You are very kind.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

A pleasure reading your lines.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2018
Last Updated on October 20, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..