Rose colored glasses

Rose colored glasses

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                                          Rose colored glasses

We made wishes to the Autumn moon. We laid on a hill in a sleeping bag and we talked of great dreams. You were going to be a nurse and I was going to save my world. You were my beautiful Beatrice and I was your wayward man.

You were the most beautiful girl, I ever seen. I told you often. 

"Andrea, dear Andrea.
Please wait for me.
Soldier seeking answers to the mysteries of our world,
need kind lady waiting.
Making home sweet and worthwhile.
My Andrea, I love your blond hair and your sweet voice.
I will pray to the moon and the stars when I am away,
for us to fall together as one."

Pretty Andrea held me tighter and she whispered. "You want to see everything, you want to test life and you will forget your Hazel Park girl. Johnnie, always wearing rose colored glasses. Thinking the world is pretty and sweet. It isn't my love."

30 years later. Johnnie learn her words were true. He learn the world can be heartless and lonely. He learn love can be forgotten for a wandering soldiers. He saw Andrea's face on the internet. Still a beauty and he wondered. The what if's? He remembered in 1980, he returned to find her and dear Andrea was off and running. He was in stalemate and he walked away.

Tonight Johnnie put on his rose colored glasses. Drank some vodka and juice on the lonely hill. He told the moon and the stars. Johnnie is home and dear Andrea was right. We have the things we want near and we cannot see them. Love be damn and love can be so sweet. To you, dear Andrea. You are my wish and a prayer.

                                     Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Pretty song and some words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is lovely when we look at it through rose colored glasses..but when they come off things can take on a grey hue..but oh how nice and romantic to make those warm wishes on an Autumn moon..love that thought. Nice work Johnnie..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Fran. We need to put the rose colored glasses on, sometimes.
Heartbreaking poignant tale! Yes, we do have all we will want or need at our fingertips and when we realize this, often it is too late. You are such a romantic, John. Always a pleasure reading your words! Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate the comment my dear friend.
This could be the most beautiful love letter I've read. We have oversight, sometimes just a memory of happiness can blanket the coldest loneliness. Great write Cayote. A really nice song as well.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you KeeD. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2018
Last Updated on November 12, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


her lover her lover

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson