Those were the days, my friend.

Those were the days, my friend.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words. Re-writing 40 year poetry.

"

                      Those were the days, my friend


A snowy day and the mall at Christmas. I saw a pretty face and she saw me looking at her. We waited for a few seconds. She came to me and she hugged me hard and tightly.  I kissed her lips without a thoughts. Once we were great lovers and war/life stole us to new places.

She was embarrassed by the kiss and I apology  and she laughed. She kissed me back and she told me. "It is okay Johnnie. I am glad you haven't forgot me. I do remember you. You and I had the best New Year eve before you left for the war in 1991. I am so glad, you did okay. I did pray for you to be safe and sound. You were my wild desperado who wanted to seek the Hemingway life and death."

I brought her closer, remembering her beautiful face and kindness of love for a foolish man who wanted everything and he wanted nothing.  I told her. You have a permanent place in my heart. One of the few people, who tried to save me.  Please let's sit down. Drink some coffee and talk please.

We found a coffee shop. Held hands like forever lovers who were grasping at wishes and dreams. I told her, she was more beautiful than 26 years ago. She smiled and she told me. " I have been reading your poetry and story on-line. I am glad you are still writing. I have one baby girl, who is 22 years old and I saw the pictures of your family. I am glad you did okay."

I watched her hazel eyes turn sad and I knew. I found a wish and a prayer. I told her. I got lucky and I tried to do some good things. Now I seek peace over war. I learn the hard way, no good come from war, war steal all the good from our world. I wish I knew what I knew now. You and I, could of been something.

We talked for two hours, hand locked and legs interlaced. She smiled and she whispered. "I must go dear Johnnie. So good to see you. I will introduce myself on-line. So funny, we met at the mall, where we met in 1984. You are a memory, of the opening of a cherish love. Please be safe and remember me."

We kissed and I saw a soft tears falling from her hazel eyes. I watched her walk away and tears fell from my eyes. I knew. A kind and wonderful love had the needed goodbye, we never shared. I did a silence prayer. Dear Lord. Take care of sweet Jennifer. A angel in a life of confusion.

              Dancing Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is a seriously memorable experience and a breathtakingly beautiful capture of those moments you shared.... I once had a similar experience in a coffee shop, but her husband spoilt the moment when he punched me on the cheek..... Seasons Best brother... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Season best to you my friend and thank you for reading. I do appreciate.
Neville

5 Years Ago

always a pleasure..



Reviews

A precious moment in life never to be forgotten. Life is about people, life is about living and loving. We should all celebrate the loving far more than we do. Beautiful words that warm the heart Coyote.

All good wishes

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear Chris. The gift of love. A true gift. Never forgotten and thank you for reading and the.. read more
Those were the days that hold some beautiful memories, and time did bring memories and the hazel eyed beauty back one more time into your life to reminiscence. It was true Christmas gift!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I agree and I appreciate the comment.
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

It is always a pleasure to read your wonderful writings, John.
Nice write up, every line drags you to the next

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Crosby. I appreciate the comment.
this is a seriously memorable experience and a breathtakingly beautiful capture of those moments you shared.... I once had a similar experience in a coffee shop, but her husband spoilt the moment when he punched me on the cheek..... Seasons Best brother... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Season best to you my friend and thank you for reading. I do appreciate.
Neville

5 Years Ago

always a pleasure..
Such a wonderful, longing write here. So lovely

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Brandie. I appreciate the comment. Old pain become less hurtful with time and distance.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2018
Last Updated on December 16, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Raindrops Raindrops

A Poem by Anjeline


If If

A Poem by Chris Shaw