Once upon a time

Once upon a time

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Chapter two

"
                          Once upon a time-  Chapter two


The day was getting warmer. The beach was getting filled with children and mothers. I went to the food area. Ordered a coffee. I went to the small hill, away from the people. I wrote into my journal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              1975

I was twenty years old,
I didn't recognize the person in the mirror,
young face with the dead eyes looked back and I tried to find you Abigail  in the Fall of 1975.

I went to her house,
her kind father was kind to me,
he made me stay and he told me.
Johnnie, my home is your home.
Abigail at Eastern Michigan,
she would need to see you.
Johnnie, are you okay?
If you need someone to talk to.
I saw s**t in the Korea war and I can listen.
Please stay with me  awhile.

I remember I stayed for one day and we talked on the phone.
You told me. Please come to me now.
I hung the phone-up and I told your father.
I fear I am gone.

Dear Abigail. I am sorry.
I left and I went back to the Army.
I know, I should of ran to you.

I left for Germany and I drank my blues away and 
I could not forget your beautiful face.
------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost noon and I knew how she looked now. Abigail found me on a world poetry site. She saw her photo with me 1982 with one of my published poems. She was still a beauty. She wrote me. Johnnie, looking good and I have missed you. You fell off the map and disappeared. I am glad you are alive and well. Please contact me. We must talk, you must tell me your story and I can tell you my story. I wrote her. Dear Abigail, you are still as beautiful a Summer morning sun arising. I want to see you too. I am alone and I feel I shall die alone. She wrote back. Please call me Johnnie. Please call me now. We talked on the WIFI phone for hours. She me laugh and I knew. My dear soulmate was alone too and the kinds gods of life have give me another chance. Her voice, sweet as a angel breathe. I told her. Dear Abigail, I haven't laughed in years.

Now I waited for her. I am scare to death. Will she care for a old man? Are we reaching for the sun and the stars that cannot be touched. I wrote in the journal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

                        Dear Abigail

You made me laugh, you made me cry.
You were my first wish and you are now, my last wish.
Abigail dear Abigail.
My beloved.
I have loved you since you asked me to the Spring dance in 1972.
You were the prettiest girl I ever seen.
I remember we danced till we could not no-more.
You were my first love.
I didn't know.
Love was so rare and so sweet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I closed the journal. I saw her from a distance. She was still slim and tanned, wearing a Summer dress over a bathing suit. Her hair down to her waistline and her face. So beautiful and perfect. I wanted to run away. She caught my eyes and she begin to run to me. I stood-up and I waited till she fell into my embrace. She whispered to me. "Damn Johnnie, damn Johnnie. Where you been? Why did you leave me? Please don't leave again. I brought her closer and I whispered. Dear Abigail, my Abigail. Everyday of my life. I prayed, you did okay. She kissed my face and she whispered. "You won't die alone. This time I will kidnap you and never release you."

                                 Dancing Coyote


© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Chapter two.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some things are supposed to end happy, and sometimes you need the mad journey before you realise what you've missed. Abigail sounds like a woman worth running home to.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Paul. Some woman are worth, a lifetime of waiting.
This second chapter kindles hope in the read. Hope in undying love that bridges the gap of time, with no regard for twists of Fate's indifference.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I need to finish this story. I appreciate the comment.
VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

No need to hurry the ending. There is healing in progress. Chapters, like pearls in a string, might .. read more
Nothing quite like a happy ending, is there... so strange what life deals for us and how things work out....another splendid post my friend... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Maybe a happy ending? Thank you Neville for reading and the comment.
Neville

5 Years Ago

always a pleasure JCD.. and always mine :)
Beautiful- we need to follow the heart and do what we know to be right- now is all we have and tomorrow may never come- when given the chance of a lifetime and love we need to see it as a blessing and treasure it- time is short🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear Kelly and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Pleasure- lovely story with emotion and meaning🌹
Once upon a time reads like an epic love song, I hope rest of the chapters are as beautiful and captivating as this one. You are a true romantic John.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mrudula. I appreciate your comment.
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

You are most welcome. Happy new year John.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Happy new year my friend.
Dear coyote your works are always on your own life I like that you have lived a good life

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I did. Story based on my father and parts of me. Thank you Tate for reading and the kind words.
Tate Morgan

5 Years Ago

You are welcome I like when people write of what they know what they’ve lived what they have learn.. read more
Damnation, that is one hell of a love story Johnnie. You paint romance with every word and also human frailty. Fear and love fall closely on the same line and hopefully love edges fear out. What a great Chapter Johnnie. Loved every word.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2018
Last Updated on February 6, 2019


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..