Baby-doll

Baby-doll

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Tavern poetry

"

                                    Baby-doll

I had time, I had money and I couldn't afford you pretty lady. You were dancing alone at the Stray cat Inn and you waved to me, to come to you, to join you in movement of the  wonderful live jazz.

I knew you wanted Crown Royal whiskey, silk sheets and the long nights. I knew you wanted the tropical sun and the long Sunday mornings.

I went to you and you gave me the taste of the sweet sugar. Your lips tasted of gin and juice, you smelled like the Spring wildflowers, your tight black dress tempting my eyes, my will. The short black dress allowed me to see your long legs, they were long as the I-75 highway, never-ending. Tanned skin and devilish smile made me wish for heaven and hell in the same breathe.

You whispered to me. "Johnnie, you scare of me? You afraid I will bewitch you, steal your soul and heart forever? You believe I am a siren. Ready to use you up and leave you for dead.

I kissed her once, I kissed her twice and I told her. Some woman are keepers, some woman are thieves. Some woman cannot be satisfied and some woman are sweet. Yes, baby-doll, muse or siren? I know better than to dance with the devil wisp. The devil never loses.

I will steal a kiss and I know. You will break my heart again. There are keepers and there are runners.

Baby-doll, you are a runner.

                                 Dancing Coyote
 

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so very good and so well written, I really enjoyed this write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Brandie. If I could sing. I would sing this one.
Lol- ai ai - if you dint take the chance youll never know- running away or towards love??? Time waits for nobody but regret lasts a lifetime- if not y not.... gotta take that chance.....

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Sometime, wise men run. Some fire can burn forever. Just bar poetry. Johnnie stayed away from the De.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Lol- and wonderful poetry it is- its that Stray Cat place- black dresses and cats- bewitching- lol�.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2019
Last Updated on January 10, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..