Nothing last forever

Nothing last forever

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A rewrite

"

        Nothing last forever



I told you often, nothing last forever. The veil of love is dangerous, make us dance and sing in the rain than teach us love can slip away and leave us with emptiness.

 

Even the strongest love can weaken and be abandoned. The once great gestures of love, like the sweet kiss and the long embrace become shadows of tenderness. Cold and lonely heart denied the love was true and fall into self exiled.

 

But I forgot to tell you, shadow of faces and places where two lovers submerged in the safety of love is never forgotten. They are scars upon heart and mind, never forgotten.

 

Today you asked me where did the crazy man of yesterday disappear to? I told you, like all dreams they fade away to become distance memories. Old temptations and enticing kisses recede to hidden places and sweet private dreams and hope.

 

You shook me and told me. Yesterday was to educate us in turbulent emotion of love. If we don’t undress and collapse in the chaos of passion, if you don’t fall in the whirlwind of endless kisses and embrace. What have we done, what have we become?

 

I looked away from you and I whispered. I told you nothing last forever once, I did want to believe these words. I was wrong, I learn every touch and embrace become part of you, I learn you can’t cheat love and the karma of love is fair. Users and abusers will pay the keeper/caretaker of love and kindness.

 

I understand today. You were so beautiful, maybe too beautiful and I wanted you forever. You were my Winter love and I didn’t know in the Spring. We would partway and I would be left behind. My flesh remembered you and my heart and eyes want to escape your vision. I know when the love is dead, rarely can be revived.

 

You walked away from me and I make a desperation wish, please turn around and tell me you missed me and need me. You walked away and don’t look back. I learn love can live and die, I learn also. Love can’t be caged or held without true promise.

 

Coyote/John Castellenas


© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"shadow of faces and places where two lovers submerged in the safety of love is never forgotten. They are scars upon heart and mind, never forgotten." This is absolutely true, John. Those we have loved, even if they are long gone, are part of our history. The memories come to us at the most unexpected times and they are cherished always. No, love can't be caged. It has to be given freely. A bittersweet write here, John....so lovely. Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. Love dance, make us live and die in the same minute.



Reviews

it runs its course John and often passionate young love burns out and leaves scars that never quite heal,
but we learn to love more slowly then , to enjoy the gentle flame and let the fire take its time to rise... then it will live for longer..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree Stella. To be young and fearless. A rare moment in a life.
even if nothing lasts forever there is still something to look forward to... such as love.. miss reading your works my friend take care always

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for stopping by. I was glad to see your name.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Such a wonderful and beautiful write and that song spot on with the write. I love that song.
this write and that song had me thinking of some old memories that I have, awesome write

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ryanna. Good song steal us away to the days of old.
My pastor used to say that love was like two hearts coming together. Those two hearts were like peices of wood being glued together in a strong bond. When they pried apart it splintered and left pieces of itself still glued to the others. And the more we pried apart with others, the more our hearts splintered until it was just chips of wood....
Love hurts sometimes...

I'm sad that you feel this way. I hope you are alright!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

A old poem Sarah. Written in 1992. Love is hard to find. Need two people in the same place and wanti.. read more
LazerRays

5 Years Ago

No problem ;)
"I know when the love is dead, rarely can be revived."
"I learn love can live and die, I learn also. Love can’t be caged or held without true promise."

Whenever I say Just words it's just words but whenever you say it is like opening a door into your heart and seeing the world through your eyes, your hands, and hearing your innermost thoughts. Your writing I will always find myself coming back to and not some overrated poets schoolchildren do research papers about for ten generations.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Lavi. I appreciate your kind words dear friend.
"shadow of faces and places where two lovers submerged in the safety of love is never forgotten. They are scars upon heart and mind, never forgotten." This is absolutely true, John. Those we have loved, even if they are long gone, are part of our history. The memories come to us at the most unexpected times and they are cherished always. No, love can't be caged. It has to be given freely. A bittersweet write here, John....so lovely. Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. Love dance, make us live and die in the same minute.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on February 12, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You You

A Poem by Coyote Poetry


Fearsome Fearsome

A Poem by Chris Shaw