Fabiola

Fabiola

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"
Woman Lying on Rock

Fabiola

 

(Now nothing remains the same)

 
Your name came to me late in the midnight hour, brought back the canvas of your perfect body, your kind smile and your beautiful face. Your name, Fabiola.
Made me wish and want for the things, I could not have.


I taught you how to drive on the California highway one in the Winter of 1992 and I remember you holding my hand tightly. Your eyes filled with excitement and so content with the feel of the car and the road.
You knew I loved you from the first time I saw you. I would create places and time for us to talk. You told me often, you don’t want me. I’m damaged and afraid, I’m waiting for something gone and cannot love.


Love find places in secret valleys and hidden places. Locked doors open for a secret seconds. We went to Big Sur often. I would sing songs to her, to make her laugh and smile. She wanted to forget and to laugh.


“Fabiola, Fabiola, Fabiola. My beloved, let drink wine at the River Inn and dance freely upon the Big Sur sand. ”


I brought a sleeping bag and she held me tightly watching the sun fall into the west at the Big Sur beach. She whispered to me, now nothing remains the same. When love turned to a wild storm than fall back to quiet stream. The body yearn for more.


We took many field trips and I made her dance and sing with.


My dear Fabiola, I left you in the Summer of 1994. She did find love and I have my portraits of a beautiful woman with dark brown eyes who made me dream of a wild and free love. I learn love is not fair.
Need two people with the same needs.


John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Without that pain...how do we learn to appreciate love? It may take a while and not a few broken dreams to finally understand it's not who we want...it's who we need,
A good write, John.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. You are right and I appreciate the comment.
Even lost lots leave memories that can keep us warm on the coldest of days.
A very enchanting read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree my friend. I appreciate the comment and thank you.
exactly, needs two people with the same needs...
and so often...the need is not equal..expressively sad, my friend.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

It is very sad. But we learn later. Didn't suppose to be, things fall into place. Thank you Jacob fo.. read more
Indeed love is not often fair Coyote. As always you paint a detailed picture of your reminiscences which are full of a mixture of emotions. Love unrequited, wonderful moments in time. Snapshots of two people searching for themselves.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

The snapshots become the writer's wealth. I agree John and thank you for reading and the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
This is such a lovely write, I enjoyed this story. Very nicely written.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ryanna. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Carl Carl

A Story by Lyn Anderson