The silence and the  sea

The silence and the sea

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write.

"

The silence and the sea

 

Blessed is the man who knew regret and he learn from it.
Lucky is the man who loses the emotion of rage,
learn to live in the splendor of celebrating each new day.

Old man baking in the hot sun by the Seaside beach,
watching the glistening sea dance upon the morning shore.
Drinking coffee and waiting for a reason to write.

 

 

He watched a young man walking alone,
his head lowered, eyes detached to another place and time,
roaming the beach looking for answered that can’ t be found.

 

The old man asked the man.
“Sit and drink some coffee, release the weight off your feet for a moment.”
The young man looked betrayed, he wanted silence today.
He said not today, I need some silence and the sea today.


Featured Image -- 26252

The old man smiled.
Told him. “Allow an old man to tell you a story.
Better to swim in another man grave than to have concern for things we cannot take back.”

 

The young man sat down and accepted the coffee.
Asked the old man. “You can’t return to the places you left in shambles, people cannot
forget your arrogant thoughts and needs.”

 

The old man by the sea smiled. Told the man, “looked at the sea, changes by the second.
Life is hard and no-one is perfect. You can seek forgiveness and change, mercy of forgiveness is hard to receive. We must be like the sea, move and flex and become better.”

The young man close to tear asked “What can I do to feel alive again? I killed love
and friendship with lies and rage. I left an exquisite and beautiful woman alone to
cry for a useless man.”

 

The old man smile, told the young man. “I will teach you meditation today. It is the best way to clear the head and allow you to find the right way back.”

 

The young man thought the old man was crazy, he followed the steps with care.

 

“Put the right foot into knee, never use the left foot. Using the left foot will create bad dreams. This meditation is good to find rest in the night also. He told the young man to lay on the sand and to close in his eyes, put the right foot into the knee, take 10 deep breaths, hold each breathe for 10 seconds each, hold the last breath, think about the bad things. All of them, let them built up. The young man followed the directions and he started shaking. The built-up of stress and disappointment making his body want to explode. He told him to release the breathe and open your eyes. The young man looked relieved, he asked was the old man, a Doctor?


The old man smiled and told him. “We are not done yet, now take 5 deep breath and hold them 5 second each. The sixth breathe hold it and think of the positive things. ”

 

The young man face had changed. The old man smiled and told him to release the last breath and clear the mind, only allow good thing in. Keep your eyes shut and listen to my words. Mercy come from within, leave the shallow grave and go back to the woman waiting. Beg for forgiveness and learn. A wise man learn from regret and hold on to real love.”

 

The young man heard the silence of the beach and saw the dancing of the powerful waves. The old man was gone, he left a book. “The old man and the sea.” He open the book and it had a note.



Life is long,
mistakes are many.
Youth is like wine, it can become more sweeter or bitter with time.
Don’t need to pray for the dying,
we need to rejoice for the chance of a new day.

Lead with kindness, concern and love


Dancing Coyote


© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Coyote, my dear friend, I will say this definitely hit, especially the first four paragraphs, the nail on the head. I hate to say it hit so hard that I stopped reading right there to reflect for a few moments and just soak it in before reading on. I like this story, but the beginning and ending are my favorites because the beginning really catches you by how much you relate to either and the ending has the advice any of us need to keep the positive each day.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Life is learning and constant lessons.



Reviews

Meditation on water is a beautiful thing that took my mind for a bit
I appreciate the read. This is beautiful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I meditate daily to find sleep.
How many times has a person needed silence and to be soothed by the sounds that are found by a beach?
I love how you took to seekers and allowed them both to find what they were searching.
This truly played out like a little vignette "By Seaside ".

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

We need kind voices. Help us find our proper place. Thank you Cherrie for reading and the comment. .. read more
Wow, this is deep and so beautiful this is so much more than just words my love.xxxx

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
Such a lot of wisdom in this John. We have been in one part of it and we see the intelligence that comes from experience in the other. Painfully well written my friend.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. I appreciate the comment my friend.
Wise words Coyote
Right foot for peace > must remember that


Take each day as a new beginning

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Wild Rose. We must be kind to each other.
The ocean can be so healing. I like to walk alone in silence and with the sea and all her moods as company. I enjoyed so much your story here Coyote and how that old man was able to use his wisdom and understanding of the power of meditation to help another who was troubled. Thank you so much.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris. I agree. The ocean, free-range and the desert. Places to meditate.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Have a nice day Coyote and a happy week-end.
Alone I stood on the brow of a hill in view of the sea. Nonchalant and meditant like thee. Your words are so touching in this wonderful 'creation'. I need my quiet time to read and injest more fully the significance of these words. A must to come back to Thank you so much as I seek always to be 'alone' by the sea to absorb its might/calm.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you kitty. I love the Great lakes and the sea. Help me too, to find peace.
kitty

5 Years Ago

Bexhill on Sea (Cooden Beach) England an ideal spot I know that puts you in that frame of mind. One .. read more
Coyote, my dear friend, I will say this definitely hit, especially the first four paragraphs, the nail on the head. I hate to say it hit so hard that I stopped reading right there to reflect for a few moments and just soak it in before reading on. I like this story, but the beginning and ending are my favorites because the beginning really catches you by how much you relate to either and the ending has the advice any of us need to keep the positive each day.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Life is learning and constant lessons.
Love the picture that is painted with your words, love the sea ;-]

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Me too dear friend and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
wise words indeed, I enjoy your wise old man stories

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I became a old man. Now I am the old man. Thank you Ana for reading and the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on February 21, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..