Skin, gin and sin city

Skin, gin and sin city

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                        Skin, gin and sin city

Pretty lady sat near me at the tavern and I said hello. She smiled and she came nearer. She caressed my military hair-cut and she asked. Soldier, coming home or going to war? I told her, the war is done for awhile. 

She spoke like a hooker in a high class Vegas club. She was. Her voice sweet and spicy. She whispered with a twisted smile, "skin, gin and sin city. Ambrosia for us who understand, the body demand payment, the gin taste better with ice and lemon juice. Sin city was built from the lowest form of life. Utopia for us who love to taste the dirt of living. You damn soldiers and I. Just selling and buying s**t from liars and the naysayers."

I told her, I loved her black dress, I loved her long legs, as long as highway 80 and you are a young man dream. You have the liar's eyes of hazel, changing color with every emerging emotion you feel.

She smiled and she told me her name was Victoria, a lady's name. I like you tavern poets, you can twist a tale from a empty bottle of gin. Please soldier, buy a lady a drink and I will sing you a song.

I ordered two Tom Collins and two double shots of Jack.  She tasted the Tom Collin and she smiled. She whispered to me. Thank you dear soldier for the high class drink, today I am not selling and I am not giving it away either. Here is my promised song.

"Once I was a princess,
I had a castle and wealth,
I drank tea at noon
I was a Scottish princess.

I gave everything away for free,
I learn being a princess,
just a myth,
lullabies for the innocense.

Now the lonely princess had learn,
love shall turn sour,
promises become lies,
men like the girls,
old age steal everything from us.
No gold at the end of the rainbows,
life is a wild ride,
a great adventure,
wisdom learn too late,
don't give everything away"

I looked at her face, still very beautiful and her eyes heavy with sadness. I told her. A wonderful song dear Victoria and my name is Johnnie. The words in your song are true. We are children for a New York minute, we rushed to love, seek dangerous kiss and we give everything away. I agree, everything demand payment. We learn too late. Don't give everything away for free.

She smiled and she reached over, kissed my face-cheeks and my lips. She whispered, "you are a fancy-pant poet. I do like you, do you have time to take a lady to a jazz club. I love the jazzy song, make my hips want to move with the sad songs. I like the lonely songs, the wanting songs and the salvation of secret wishes in the words."

I smiled and I told her. I have five days before I have to report to Fort Ord, California. I love the blues too. I would be honored to take a Scottish princess dancing.

She smiled, drank her whiskey and she took my hand and she whispered. You are very kind Johnnie.

A hot night in Las Vegas,
skin, gin and sin city,
the city that never sleeps,
always alive,
two strangers befriended each other,
seeking the love of the damned.

                             Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i just love the idea of two strangers becoming so close in one night...i remember being at some parties and meeting some women and after hours of conversation we felt we had known each other for years and achieved this comfort level...talking, flirting, imagining...
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Nice to meet a stranger and become friends. Thank you Jacob for reading and the comment, my friend.



Reviews

' No gold at the end of the rainbows, - life is a wild ride, - a great adventure, - wisdom learn too late,
don't give everything away".. '

'Really don't know how you manage to be content these days, John... you've had such an active life! End and every encounter's read so warm and adventurous!!

The magic of each write is your affection for the woman in question - each so fond of you, each made fond by you. You have a respectful loving wonderful memory and that makes your actions or, perhaps, imagination special. I think this finely written post one of your best.. has a wonderful warmth and truth framing it. '

(have reworded some of my review, didn't read as wanted. :) )

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma. Thanks to the U.S Army. I was station on the four corners of the USA. I befrien.. read more
I like the way you narrativize your everyday experiences. Some seem rueful, some reminiscent. Never dull.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Aurora. Las Vegas, a city of adventure. Easy to befriend people with great stories to tell.. read more
A beautiful story. Well written my friend.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
This beautifully amazing. What a neat story. The video was something else, as well. I bet you, like me, have often wondered if they could move their bodies like that while in a horizontal position. Pshaw, pshaw! I'm sure they can.

Take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

The dancer in the video. amazing lady, can sing and dance. Thank you Dave for reading and the commen.. read more
i just love the idea of two strangers becoming so close in one night...i remember being at some parties and meeting some women and after hours of conversation we felt we had known each other for years and achieved this comfort level...talking, flirting, imagining...
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Nice to meet a stranger and become friends. Thank you Jacob for reading and the comment, my friend.
Wow! what a wonderful write, drew me in to the last word ;-] Loved it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2019
Last Updated on June 9, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..