I was just nineteen

I was just nineteen

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                         


                           I was just nineteen

15,000 day ago, he was a soldier.
He learn the soldier's minute, fight or die?
kill or run?

Young man thought he was saving his world,
he came home, was called a baby-killer at the airport, returning home.

He tried to hide his  ugly face, he show fake face to his world,
rarely showing real face.  No-one want to listen to a crazed man.

The old man told me, I am alone.
I don't like no-one and I receive 100% disability from the Army.

He told me, I lost my youth to Vietnam, lost dear wife to bad dreams and anger outburst.
I lost my buddies in the Asia dirt.

I tried to talk to him and he looked at me and he whispered to me. Too late to talk about it, too
late to thank me for my service. I became what I am. No-one want to befriend a b*****d, left behind
and forgotten.

I left him be. I understand his story. My father waited forty years to receive a ribbon for the Korea war. He did appreciate. Today the Vietnam vets are showing their colors, maybe the "Thank you" is too late to have any meaning.

                         Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Some words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

regardless of what we thought about the Vietnam War....we should have had respect for those who fought...they were drafted mostly and were just doing their duty for their country...
they weren't the ones behind the desks making the decision...the treatment was despicable....
and there should have been Thank You's to begin with...too little too late now.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree my friend. Even the forgotten war "Korean war". No medal was given till 1996.



Reviews

i thank you unconditionally for what you did, if this is autobiographical. i respect my elders because they worked and fought for the amazing life i have today. i may have a million problems still but life is blessed because of all ya'll, it's not because of me. so thank you. and good write. i'm ashamed of anyone who would shame a soldier, they just don't know any better because they haven't seen the real world.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I was a soldier but the poem for a friend. Who is struggling with life.
This makes me both mad and sad at the same time. Those young men were doing a job, fighting for their country and I find it despicable the way they were treated. Indeed it is shameful. Your lines a reminder Coyote of what a harsh world we live in. We should be thanking our soldiers for their service.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree dear Chris. They had a gathering of Vietnam Vets at Fort Hood. 60% were homeless in 1996. Th.. read more
Oh wow very dramatic scene to have play through the mind and heart!
Very deep emotional read.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Brandie. I appreciate the comment.
regardless of what we thought about the Vietnam War....we should have had respect for those who fought...they were drafted mostly and were just doing their duty for their country...
they weren't the ones behind the desks making the decision...the treatment was despicable....
and there should have been Thank You's to begin with...too little too late now.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree my friend. Even the forgotten war "Korean war". No medal was given till 1996.
You raise some important questions here Coyote John. The politicians who sent these kids to die and die alive on return from war then make them invisible and live as ghosts. You tell this tale in a sympathetic and descriptive write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

A man come to my work. No-one liked him. He is a Vietnam vet, angry and alone. I wrote the poem for .. read more
Such a sad write, feel this tug at the heartstrings.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. The people of the USA waited too long to apology.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2019
Last Updated on June 26, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell