Flesh and bones

Flesh and bones

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Life is to be lived. Need to celebrate being alive.

"

 













          Flesh and bones

(Need a positive poem. Life is to be celebrated. Each day is a gift.)


I fell from the top of the mountain.

I stood with so many victories.

I realized too late.
They don't mean too much.

Beautiful young woman sitting between my legs.

She looked up.
Told me, "It don't matter anyway.

We are only flesh and bones."

I sat by the ocean.

Watching the her  power and  beauty.

The ocean is heartless.

So dangerous and tempting.

Woman with sad eyes sat with me.

She wished she was a better person.

I told her.

We are but flesh and bones.

In time we will fade away to distance memories.

I gave everything away.

I roamed with the poets and the musicians.

We sat late into the night together on lonely Monterey beaches.

Drinking and talking of things that was and were to be.

The singer sang a love song.

When he is done.

He told me.
" Love doesn't really mean too much.

We are but flesh and bones."

Just here awhile to try to celebrate being alive.

We danced and ran the lonely beaches.

We said a prayer to our God.
 For one more day to be alive and free.

For we are but flesh and bones.

                          Coyote

,                          Sept 2008

 

 

 

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I lost two brothers to suicide. Re-join the Army. Learn life can be OK.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
life can be cruel if you think about the 100 reasons to cry but i think life is beautiful thinking about the 1000 reasons to smile. alot of my old freinds didn't realize that which is probably why i was the last man standing with a smile. great poem is was enlightment to me :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia

I tell you you're wise often and that because it always surprises me.
"Just here awhile to try to celebrate being alive."
More people need to think like you, it is always refreshing. I admire you and always appreciate your poetry! This is no exception. Thank you for always sharing your life and wisdom. This is a brilliant piece and I'm pleased to have stopped by. I am sorry about your brothers and I hope you have peace and remember them with smiles and happiness!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sorry to hear about your brothers Coyote. To write such a powerful, thought provoking, piece from the heart is truly inspiring. We do oftentimes focus on the bad, rather than appreciate each day we've been given. The mention of Monterey was great - very close to my hometown, and a beautiful place to visit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The poem is beautiful and it got me thinking. We are all imperfect human beings, just flesh and bone. We love, we loose, but we keep on fighting untill the fight in us is gone. I have been fighting a cancer related illness for 22 years and sometimes I think that I can't fight anymore and then I think of all those I love and I fight a little more. The difference between living and dying, is whether or not hope is lost. We are all just flesh and bone and need hope and love to keep us fighting. Let us pray that all those in need keep hope alive in their hearts, for God does not make no junk, just beauty. I love the poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Dear, Coyo, I love this piece. I admire your message that we should celebrate every day for being alive. Great work, sir.

-Cord

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i thing i must say..it is the same life.doesn't matter if we spent it laughing .or crying.so no matter how many impediments we face.we must try our level best to make it happy.......this is one of my best poetry..containing such a nice message...i really thank you for sharing it with us...
"We said a prayer to our God.
For one more day to be alive and free.".i really like this line...we must always thank God for giving us one more day to live our life.though it depends on us.whether we spent it happily or mournfully


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poem. The reoccurring line made the poem very powerful. It is a cliche though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the way this has such a casual feel to it, yet carries such an important thought to ponder and apply. Powerful piece.

I'm very sorry about your brothers. May they rest in peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really interesting poem because I think people often times focus on everything bad happening in their lives and they forget how little time we have here. And I love the scenery of the place you chose (mountains, oceans). I feel like these are the places we feel most at ease, letting everything take over us and we're allowed to feel as if there is this universal force out there telling us to just live right now. Great poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sad but also very powerful meaning behind it, we should live life one day at a time, and be thankful to have that day. i am so very sorry to hear that you lost two brothers. in the end life can be ok as long as we take one step at a time, always remembering the memories. Good write as always

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life is good and every day above ground is a good day. "When folks say life is hard...I have to wonder...compared to what?" The greatest secret to happiness I think is learning to derive joy from simple things...time spent with friends and family...a sunrise or set...good food...exercise...a good book...a song...etc. Life is what we make of it. Here's hoping yours is filled with the joy of living. Bless.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3015 Views
97 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 23, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse