Flesh and bones

Flesh and bones

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Life is to be lived. Need to celebrate being alive.

"

 













          Flesh and bones

(Need a positive poem. Life is to be celebrated. Each day is a gift.)


I fell from the top of the mountain.

I stood with so many victories.

I realized too late.
They don't mean too much.

Beautiful young woman sitting between my legs.

She looked up.
Told me, "It don't matter anyway.

We are only flesh and bones."

I sat by the ocean.

Watching the her  power and  beauty.

The ocean is heartless.

So dangerous and tempting.

Woman with sad eyes sat with me.

She wished she was a better person.

I told her.

We are but flesh and bones.

In time we will fade away to distance memories.

I gave everything away.

I roamed with the poets and the musicians.

We sat late into the night together on lonely Monterey beaches.

Drinking and talking of things that was and were to be.

The singer sang a love song.

When he is done.

He told me.
" Love doesn't really mean too much.

We are but flesh and bones."

Just here awhile to try to celebrate being alive.

We danced and ran the lonely beaches.

We said a prayer to our God.
 For one more day to be alive and free.

For we are but flesh and bones.

                          Coyote

,                          Sept 2008

 

 

 

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I lost two brothers to suicide. Re-join the Army. Learn life can be OK.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
life can be cruel if you think about the 100 reasons to cry but i think life is beautiful thinking about the 1000 reasons to smile. alot of my old freinds didn't realize that which is probably why i was the last man standing with a smile. great poem is was enlightment to me :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Reading your poems is like watching a movie - and a good one it is :)
In time we will fade away - embrace life as it is - dance and run - ENJOY every minute...if only we could all see life this way - WORLD would be such a sweet place.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

This would be a good song. Been songs with similar feels. I tell people we are one people on one pla.. read more
JennaP

11 Years Ago

An Idea for great lyrics is rising :) i am starting them right away - will post them if i finish the.. read more
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.. Thank you sir for this! ..we are but flesh and bones and yet soul and spirit! live life positively and judge people less because at the end of the day, no one's perfect. Savour every moment and forgive yourself as you also forgive others. Thank you again for sharing...i Loved every line. God Bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the depth you are able to provoke is stunning, the image you've used to
enhance the visual is exactly what the words express, a look over
the waters, a new outlook, to cherish the beauty in this life, brilliant

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very cool poem that has a great existential feel to it. I really like your poems and IDK how you can keep putting out so much great stuff, but you are obviously a person every in touch with yourself and our world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As far as the meaning of the poem, I feel it is EXCELLENT. There are so many positives and negatives that can be in a person's life, but behind them all, we are but, flesh and bones! Your poetry is simple to understand, however, Please do not take that as meaning your poetry is simple! Personally, I prefer poetry that I don't have to struggle to understand the writers meaning. To me, The best poetry, doesn't hide the writer's intent (too much) and let's you interpret it personally, also. Your poetry does that!
My constructive critique regards syntax, mixing of past and present tense and not editing for errors, such as omitted words. My corrections, which you in no way have to consider:
I sat by the ocean, watching HER power and her beauty (noun consistency)
We sat late into THE night (word omission), omit TOGETHER, as it is redundant. you have already stated, WE.
When he WAS done(consistent tense, with the line that follows)
We said a PRAYER to our God.
I am not sure if you are saying a prayer, asking for another day to be alive and free or thanking Him for the one that just passed.
We said a prayer to our God, thanking Him for another day of being alive and free or We said a prayer to our God, asking Him for one more day of living and being free.
The word, DON'T, in several places, seems to fit the poem, as a colloquialism. If not intended, as such, then it should be, DOESN'T.
I'm sorry if this sounds picky, but I detest seeing these kinds of things detracting from such a great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
All I can say is perfect and superb. A true masterclass in how to write and convery a dozen ideas at once. Good doesn't sum it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW this is amazing! I'm so sorry for your brothers. Life truly is amazing. We should all appreciate it and live it to the fullest. I love what you did here, with the one line per statement, you know? It gave it a lot of effect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
its a solemn poem..but there is a celebration between the lines..wonderfully emotive write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Potent poetry with a harsh strokes of reality in it.....
Your insight into the world is amazing...
You have been through a lot in life and that is well reflected in your poems...
Really, what we are? Mere flesh and bones!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God created us form the dust of the earth...but he also breathed life into it...this mystery alone makes us more than flesh and bone. We have spirit...we have wisdom.....both spirit and wisdom can be past on to those that outlive us. If we live right...what we pass on will inspire another. If we live selfishly....we pass on nothing but the dust that God used, to vessel our hearts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3019 Views
97 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 23, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse