If I knew.

If I knew.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We learn too late to be quiet. Anger and violence leads only to more pain and sadness.

"
  If I knew
 
 If I knew.
 I would of  loved more and said less.
 
Sweet memories slip into my mind of us.
Two people loving and holding tight like it was our last moment.
 
I remember walking  hand in  hand with you.
On lonely beaches.
Never more happy.
 
 The sweet times are rare now.
 
 Eyes of youth had faded away with life burdens and losses.
 
 I look into the mirror and see a tire man.
 
 I wish to go back and feel again.
 To hunger for sweet  kisses and love til the morning light.
 
Walk down the naked beaches of Monterey coast.
In a mist of silence with a gentle hand in mine. 
 
 I didn't know laughter and dreams would fade away.
 
 If I knew I would of try to stop time.
 
 Hold you like you were my last breath.
 
                          John Castellenas
                            Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Life is long and hard. My Grandfather told me along time ago. Nothing good to say. Say nothing. I tell my children the same.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the vulnerability of this poem, you speak of naked beaches, and metaphorically your soul is naked in this poem. You admit you are tired, jaded, uninspired. I love when people are just real.
And you want to fix it, to change it, to feel the vitality of the relationship once again. You are not content to just let the passion dissolve into nothingness. Such an honest work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's something about the way you write that keeps me from saying anything, negative. There's a few parts where I feel like the flow is kind of, separated from the rest of the piece, but I can't help be in love with your writing. Get published, or publish on your own -- 'cause, you'd be grand.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so beautiful and wonderfully written,you are right my dear man that in an instant our lives change and the silence takes over,there is one now where i do all the talking and they listen it is very one sided and painful.
You have explored an interesting idea of why we say so little and mean so much whilst when we talk the legs of a donkey we might as well be hot air balloons.
I have never heard of a naked beach you must tell me more i was slightly amused by this description.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


10
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2434 Views
92 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on December 22, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry