Ain't no f*****g good war.

Ain't no f*****g good war.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Can't allow the hate and fear to overcome us. World been the same for a long time. Must dance and love. Never know when it is time to go.

"
Ain't no f*****g good war.


Old WW2 Vet  sat alone.
He raised his glass to the sky.
He looked at an empty seat.
"To the good war my friend."
He drinks his shot of whiskey.
"Whisper ain't no f*****g good war. "
He put his face into his hands.


Father had his ribbons and awards over the fireplace from the Korea war.
We watched war movies together.
He was the hero who always saved me.


On the weekend he would drink his rum.
Late at night I would sit with him.
He would talk to dead buddies left in the Korean dirt.
He would tell me.
"No war is worth a s**t."


Old Vietnam Vet was dying.
The agent orange had made him 110 pounds.
The VA won't see him anymore.
The VA told him nothing they can do.
I sat with him and listen.
He told me he volunteers and was proud.
He thought he was doing the right thing.
He looks me in the eyes and whisper "All my friends are dead.
I will see them soon."


 "What will I tell them?
Did the War have any reason?
Was it just a f*****g grave filled with hate?"


I try to put myself in the places where living another day is your goal.
 Being hungry and needing medical care.
 Watching their world fall apart around them.


I go to graves of good friends.
 They died in Iraq for the hatred of the Bush's years.
I whisper "f**k these wars."


                              Coyote

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I understand we need to protect our borders. You want a good story. Find a dark corner in hidden bar. Old Vets can make you cry.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was in Hamburg, one night. There was little local fair on the alstair. The fair ended at 2300, and everybody left. It was a coldish autumn night. I was bit lonely. I decided to run around the fairground once more.


So I did, and I bumped into the group of hispanics, who pulled me in there dance, because they thought it's summer (late september, north germany), it's spain (Hamburg). A lot many people, drunken, non drunken etc also encircled us.

Soon this had to end, because you are not allowed to shout in Germany after 2200 hours. I was alone again.

One man picked me up, a hopeless drunkard, and landscape garden designer. He grabbed my shoulder, and we patrolled the whole night in Hamburg suburbs till 0400 next morning.

The only thing apart from his intro to me he said is "kreig ist immer schiße" - That translates to "war is always s**t"

Why can't the aristocrats who runs the politics, and who's footsteps rock the corporate hamburg (and the rest of the world) learn from this hopeless drunkard? Why can't everybody learn from him?

Germans ww2 vets do not want to talk easily - but when they talk, I start feeling why do I even exist, tell you the story later :-s

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeah, my son joined the army. EOD bomb disposal in Afghanistan. He's twenty one, no job, looking for adventure I guess, watched too many war movies. I said dont do it, or learn to be a cook.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you wars aren't worth it at all. The only one that I could say I believe was is WW2 because we were fighting to save the Jews. Fighting for lives to be saved..but at the same time all wars bring about devestation. However, by winning the war we saved people that would have faced the same fate that the people in the concentration camps did so it was worth it but, as a whole I agree with you, nice poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The title drew my attention the one thing
I especially love is the language
This poem is very moving,I agreed with your whisper
" f**k these wars."

Beautifully written
Hugessss

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely stuff

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My dad, h's a vet. He went to Desert Storm and deployed twice. Once when i was in second grade and another time in 4 th grade. I don't remember much I just remember he came home so messed up. He always drank, but when he comes home from deployments he's very thin and drinks into a botomless pit. He seems to have recovered now, but you can always see an eternal sadness in his eyes and you know they hold tragic stories of lost buddies and evil sould that murder millios for what reason? money? protection? It makes me cry to think my Dad wasn't just there, but he knew people snd experienced a place full of hared. And I hate what war did to him. I don't want him to end up like the bitter old drunk vets in lone bar corners mumbling to theirselves about old times...This poem really got to me and made me think. And yeah. I f*****g hate war and what it did to my dad and has done to people since ancient times.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Ain't no f*****g good war,"
This made me cry, thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
Wow! This is amazing... Rich and wonderfully penned

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well Stated Coyote. I see people who ride around with their obnoxious pro war bumper stickers and I know personally, that only a person who was never seen combat would be so proud of such things.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"ain't no f*****g good war."
Awesome, and such a strong language.
I liked the poem.
Thank you for sharing.


~A Fallen Heroine~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with you use of strong language here. There's always too much blood being shed in war. I know it's necessary at times for us to live in the land of the free. But often it is senseless......it's about being too lazy to pursue talks and alternative measures.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8873 Views
117 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..