Thankful

Thankful

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Someday we learn life is more then us.

"
  



Thankful


I saw my face  in the mirror at Chucky's Cheese.
I was surprised to see a old man looking back.


I was fifty one years old.
Holding my Grandson.
His first birthday was today.
His big smile and laughter made me smile.
My old face didn't look so bad.


I stop and did a silence prayer to the Spirit of life and death.
I thank them for this day.
I pray my Grandchild and all children have a fair chance at life.


My eyes have eroded with time. Can't see nothing without my glasses.
My hard living made my mind weaker.
I need to write notes for reminders or I may forget.
I don't run no more.
I still can walk like a Soldiers.


My baby girl is thirteen now.
She is turning into a beauty like her mother.
She is texting 10 times per minute.
I caress  the back of her head.
Give her five dollars for the games.


She gives me the boredom look.
I smile and watch her wander off.


I do a silence prayer.
Being thankful for four healthy children.


I walk behind my two grandsons.
Their eyes wide open to the world around them.


I sit and watch them play in the small kids section.
I wonder how our leaders in the USA think?
Why the discussion of War is more important then education and hunger?


Their children will pay for our waste and sins too.
Our hate and fear will destroy their future for all the children
in this world.


I sit on the floor.
My two grandchildren are climbing on me.
They are having the time of their life.


I pray a silence prayer for the day.
When children can grow up in  a world that is safe and
all the children have a fair chance at a good life.


I'm thankful for this day.
     

                               Coyote
 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Life is to be lived. Can't live in past mistakes. We who have common sense need to gather. Stop the hate and violence in our world. Before we leave nothing for the future generation.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great job on this! I think most of can relate to getting older and seeing our little ones grow and wonder why things look so bleak for their future. It makes you wonder why anyone can see those little faces and not realize that things can and should be better. Lovely job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Being thankful leads us to a happy and fulfilled life. It good to take time at the end of each day to think about the things we can be grateful for. Often we overlook the beauty of life as we only realize what we had once it is gone. Great work!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are right. We need to be thankful for what we have and thank you for reading and the comment.
Found a little gem wrapped in tissue paper in your attic. A day in a life..thoughts, sights, dreams and worries. A Sweet write , well done Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Renee for reading. We must be thankful for the good days.
A wonderful day to be remembered for a long time. We all need to get closer to the one that answers prayers as all we seem to hear about is war in the middle east.. VALENTINE

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. The best days are with our family near and laughter. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Puzzle gets deeper as we grow older and reflect upon our legacy. Most folks love their families the world over, yet somehow we send good family guys to shoot at each other. Few beers or a nice cup of tea should solve it, but is not allowed as politicians drone on.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Though I am young as I get older it seems like time speeds up a little more each day and reading this opened my eyes to how important it is to be Thankful for the small things most of us take for granted ! Thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. We need to appreciate the good times and people. Life is too .. read more
Dear Coyote, I am of the same age of yours but neither of my two daughters is married.So i have not become a grand father yet.But I am getting old.I like your poems because they are not exceptional but they are simple and come from the core of your heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a lovely poem.
To me it talks about the joy of life and highlights that the body is a tool and beauty comes from within!
The line 'She is texting 10 times per minute' really made me laugh.
This line : wonder how our leaders in the USA think?
Why the discussion of War is more important then education and hunger?
made me nod in agreement.

I love this poem. Its like the stroke on the head you gave your daughter.
Thanks for letting me see the wonder through your eyes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe gratitude keeps us balanced. Creating a world where our children can live and learn in safety should be key in the minds of leaders worldwide. We are having a hard time doing that.
I understand your references to the aging process, too bad we finally start learning these important life lessons when our bodies start to weaken. Family and children inspire us to hope and work for a brighter future.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can sense hope floating despite the fact that the bitterness of life might be the water under it that's making it float, I like the way you described how getting old happens in no time, and that you're okay with it as long as people you love are around you filled with lively sprits. I enjoyed this, thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6252 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..