The Water, sky and the Earth.  Chapter 8

The Water, sky and the Earth. Chapter 8

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Part eight of my story. New journey.

"
             The water, Sky and the Earth.
              New journey.   Chapter eight


The grandfathers and the grandmothers are in the children; Teach them well.
                       Ojibwa proverb

"All the Indians pray to God for life. and try to find a good road. and do nothing wrong in a life. This is what we want. and to pray to God. But you did not believe us.
You should say nothing against our religion. For we say nothing against yours. you pray to God. So do all of us Indians. as well as the whites. We both pray to only one God. who made us all."
                        Sitting Bull


        The Water, Sky and the Earth.
         New Journey.   chapter eight


The time went very quickly in Mexico. Don Francis took the three on long walks into the desert. He explain to them the plants were simple. You must respect the plants and care for them. Their power of healing plants are great gifts  in return for us not to abuse and destroy. His face turn sad. He tells them "In South American the powerful plants are dying because of  the hunger of man's great cities expansion. The animals know what to eat when they are sick. Maybe if we were more like the beast of the Earth. The world would be a better place?"

Little Wolf loved the peace and quiet of the desert. She would sit for hours with Red Fox in silence. He told her he could not sleep. He wanted alcohol. Chief Joseph made special taragon tea for Red Fox. Making it stronger to be able to heal the body and fight the demons. Chief Joseph would take Red Fox into the mountains. Together they would sit on the healing rocks and watch the hawks fly. Allowing the peace to create some sort of calmness in Red Fox mind and heart.

Coyote saw the eyes of Red Fox softening. He wasn't nervous or shaking anymore. He told Coyote. "I will try to quit drinking. Maybe I will be alright? I will be training Marines now. Maybe my war is over? Damn Vietnam is done. "Coyote wrapped his arm around Red Fox. "Whisper maybe we will all be alright?"

The last day the three with Don Francis went to the healing stones. Don Francis made  calea zacatechicti tea. Chief Joseph was there waiting spreading the healing sage by the stones. He blessed the area and pray for the spirit of the mountain to assist in the gathering. The three sat together. Little Wolf, Coyote and Red Fox learned to expect anything from the two old men. Chief Joseph told them. "I have been taking long walks with Red Fox. He will never completely heal. His demons and nightmares are death. When you have killed.  Your heart and mind will become soiled.  There is no repair except to understand the acts and learn that all life is precious and have purpose. How do we know we have not killed the savior of man by accident in the wars of hate and violence?"

The tea is passed to all. "The tea you are drinking is common and grow  wild in the desert. It will open your minds. Calea zacatechicti is one of the many natural ways to clean the mind. I have smoke it with Red Fox. He can see his world with better eyes now. But we need our friends to support and hold us  up when we are weak."

After  the teas is finished. Everyone lay down on soft mats on the ground. The three are side by side. Chief Joseph told them "To put their right leg into the inner left thigh. This will allow only good thoughts to come in."

                  " Close your eyes.

                   Take five deep breath and hold each one for three seconds.

                    The sixth breath hold and think of bad thoughts or actions.

                    Hold for 5 seconds. Allow the bad to escape.

                    Take five deep breath and hold each one for three seconds.

                     The sixth breath hold and think of something good and wonderful.

                     Release the air and allow the mind to fall into calmness and peace."

Coyote is dreaming he is walking on the coastline of Texas. He can see the city of Houston in the background. The city is not moving and there is no cars. He looks around and he see many empty houses on the beach. It look like a hurricane had destroyed the coastline. He looks at the water. It is black with oil. He can see bodies of sea creatures and birds covered in oil and dead. There is no life in the sky or moving on the ground. He see a old man sitting on the shore. He goes to him. The old man with tears in his eyes told him. Man had succeeded in killing off the sea. He had killed off all that is beautiful.

Little Wolf touched  Coyote arm softly. She whisper "Please wake up." He jump up and falls into Little Wolf arms. With tears and fear he told her  the story.  "I saw the the water and the dead animals.  I met death. Death is the desire of man to kill all the beautiful things of this planet." Chief Joseph touched Coyote shoulder. Tells them "The men of vision and dreams have great responsibility. He must try to stop the nightmare from happening or be a observer of the end of the world? "Coyote asked "Can this world be stop from it own death? " Chief Joseph with a sad eyes whisper "I pray we can."

The drive back to Northern California was very quiet. Chief Joseph told Coyote. "Dreams can be nightmares and also can be windows to the future we can try to change and must." He told him. "You have a home here with me in the desert always." He walks Chief Joseph to his door. Coyote told him. "I will be back in one year and thank you for being kind to me." Chief Joseph hugged him. "Us Native American must stand together. We must lead in the battle to save Earth." Red fox hugged the old man. He  tells him "Thank you for what you did for me. I have no desire for alcohol and my mind is thinking again." Chief Joseph smiled. Hold Red Fox hands tightly. Tells him. "You are very close. This is your home. We all need a place to feel safe. A friend who do not grade or rate. Some healing may take a lifetime."

Red Fox told  Coyote as they drive on Highway 1. "I feel good for the first time in 10 years. Chief Joseph gave me a bag of herbal tea. I hope I don't get tossed in the military prison for using this stuff."

Coyote smiled. It is a beautiful day on Highway 1. He can see the ocean  from the highway.


                            Coyote
                           (Finally a new chapter)
                            May 2010

             





                


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
My attempt to write a story about the environment, Native Americans and common sense. A lot is base on truth. Please assist me if the story had no purpose.
Coyote

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Fantastic story with a very sharp purpose, to save the Earth; what greater purpose can there be, than saving Earth, Mother to all. You need to clean up the grammatical errors and get this published in some form. You have something important to say
Also, consider writing a childrens book of some of the legends and wisdom of Native Americans. What better way to grab the attention of a generation than to teach them when they are young. Perhaps that is your purpose on this lifw path, to be a teacher of many.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think your story DOES have a purpose and its a joy to read as well! You're doing a fantastic job on this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indeed Coyote sees into the future. This story has purpose. Saving all life is important.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very good book i read it all. I enjoy it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic story with a very sharp purpose, to save the Earth; what greater purpose can there be, than saving Earth, Mother to all. You need to clean up the grammatical errors and get this published in some form. You have something important to say
Also, consider writing a childrens book of some of the legends and wisdom of Native Americans. What better way to grab the attention of a generation than to teach them when they are young. Perhaps that is your purpose on this lifw path, to be a teacher of many.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nice read….
A smorgasbord of impressive, rare moments….
I liked it…..


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your story. I am intrigued with how native americans feel one with nature and respect nature immensely and utilize the gifts nature have given us for healing. I have another native american friend i write to who writes poetry and am always fascinated by his stories. Ill always read what you write on these subjects. and this story is very fitting now with the oil spill recently. I was so upset after seeing those poor sea creatures and birds covered with oil it breaks my heart and this is the beginning of the end if man don't stop his evil ways.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is so sad what the "civilized man" has done to our enviroment. I enjoyed reading your story here and I think this is off to a great start. Blessings.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your story has an important purpose, to awaken us all. I think the biggest reason why people destroy the earth is because they have lost the connection to the earth, they have forgotten somehow that this is our home.
I hope you plan to publish your story.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice work. You have a very unique viewpoint and it shows through your stories and your poetry. Sounds good so far.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this chapter so much. It shows real talent and tact:)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1535 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..