The tarot cards

The tarot cards

A Story by Coyote Poetry
"

We can learn things in the strangest places on this planet.

"
                      The tarot cards

I went to an old dark carnival on a hidden road outside of Sarajevo.
I have been having a dream about a Gypsy woman. The dreams had brought me to the carnival tonight.

I didn't believe in heaven or hell. Old Army had contorted my mind and I lapse into a barbarian state. I was isolated and alone with being surrounded by a company of Soldiers.

I aspire a passage to peace and calm in the mist of hate and war. It was an Indian Summer. A warm evening I wandered into the dark carnival. Beautiful young women with dark eyes and flowing black hair seduced me with their smiles. The shapely young woman did not tempt me yet.

I was trying to find a remnant of my soul. The creed of the Army was eating away at my spirit. Kill or be killed.

I hear musical wind chimes calling me to follow the sound. I ended up at a beautiful decorated tent. Welcome was written in many languages. A beautiful Gypsy woman appears at the entrance of the tent. She bowed to me. Showing me a full and beautiful cleavage. She waved me into the tent.

She tells me welcome in perfect English. She tells me to sit down and rest. She ask would I desire some tea? She smiles and whispered. "We have a lot of time my stranger friend. Few have the desire to visit us tonight."

I agree to the tea. She brings the tea to me. Tells me. "This is a spiritual tea for friends only. It is pleasing to the mind and the soul. My homemade blend. Allow us to talk without fear. Allow me to probe your mind without the walls of a masquerade."

I told her I wanted one answer only. She slowly turns and moved her legs slowly. Allowing me to see her tan and strong legs. With a gentle smile she stands up  and goes behind me. Leaning her body into mine. I felt the heat of her warm body. She whispered into my ear. " You came here for many reasons. Death is near you today. You are dark with hate. My price to save your life will be cheap."

She sat down and spread the cards on the marble table. She tells me. "These card are very old. Rarely do they lie. The cards are the passages to things to be. Nothing is written in stone. We are creatures led by greed and the thrill of testing life. Destiny and the unknown can turn paradise into hell. Hell into paradise."

The first card was the Joker. She smiles and tells me. "The Joker looks at life without fear. He can laugh and smile in the heat of the battle."

The second card was the Traveler. She tells me. " The traveler loved the road more than love and family. Nothing will hold him down."

The third card was the Goddess of birth. She tells me. "Life will come out of you. Great things will come to you if you allow the heart to be re-born."

The fourth card was the Jackal. Her face showed sadness. She whispers "The Jackal  can mean many things. A man must control his anger and not allow hate to base his life on."

The fifth card showed the God of light. The Gypsy woman smiles and tells me. "Few have the gift of greatness. Some of us are born to live and die. Do nothing but suck the energy out of this beautiful planet. Your dreams are hidden today. I can feel the hope and desire to escape this place you are in today."

She takes my hand and whisper. "Your aura is black You need to meditate and forgive the sins of the past. A person filled with hate and pain is just waiting for death. He is forgotten and lost."

She brings my hand to her breast. She tells me. "My heart beats. Your heart is beating. Don't allow the bigots and liars to kill your dreams and goals. Many parasites will desire to take you down to their level. We are brethren and sister. I feel the gypsy soul in you. Few of us can see the world with open eyes. I see the Gypsy in your eyes and heart. Please stay free."

I take her hand.  I kiss it gently. I thank her for her time and lay a $100 on the marble table.

She stands up. Puts her arms around me. Kisses my lips and then my cheeks. Whispered into my ear. "Be like the wind. Don't allow the world to control you. You must control the world around you."

I leave the carnival. I reach into my pocket. The Gypsy woman slips a necklace with a white crystal.  I put the the necklace on.  I feel better already.

                            Coyote





© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Any errors. I would appreciate the help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

As I have said before, many of your works remind me of Hemingway, one of my favorites...

I enjoyed the story as there is much wisdom behind it, yet I'm very cynical at times, perhaps because life and experience have made me that way... I suspect the things that the beautiful gypsy woman told you were not the mark of revelation; moreover, her prophetic wisdom was something you knew all along, perhaps you simply needed to hear the words.... After all, look at the destruction you were witness to....

I may be way off on this one, Coyote, just my perception... I just know that whatever lessons we learn arise from answers already deep within us....

I must comment on the brilliant description and symbolism used, and although the atmosphere is realistic, you weave it remarkably... A truly enjoyable read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I totally loved this, this is amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"A warm evening I wandered into the dark carnival." i like the sentence but i feel like it could be rearranged so that it sounded a bit better. like "I wandered into the dark carnival on a warm evening" or something like that.
also i didn't understand this one line "The shapely young woman did not tempts me yet." and was wondering if you could explain it to me?


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

I had a important activity to repair first. Dreams can lead you to places of knowledge and understan.. read more
I enjoyed this story, I liked the line that read "I hear musical wind chimes calling me to follow the sound". This is when true visualization started for me in the story, I was pulled there where he stood and could see everything from this point on vividly as he saw and experienced it. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'Old Army had contorted my mind and I lapse into a barbarian state.'
^ That line particularly is amazing, I love the obscurity of the story and your ability to communicate thoughts and feelings so clearly, even what your spirit is feeling while writing this seems to radiate off the page.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spotless... what a pleasing writing. I tasted a pleasure, a hankering and I lost in the beauty and darkness of your words... and how discerning are the words of the Gypsy girl... "Be like the wind. Don't allow the world to control you. You must control the world around you."...
You nailed it truly... A very exquisite and elegant description in a very educative and short story. You enlightened me. :) thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an interesting write, full of rich perceptions! You have traveled many a mile, Thank you for sharing your amazing "trip" with us. Well done ~ Jude :-)
PS I agree, its amazing how we learn in ''places"
that we never would have thought!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TamiViolet hit the nail on the head, Hemingway indeed.

there where one of two tiny spell errors that where most likely the product of quick typing. (i get the feeling you hand write way more than you type, which is better anyway!! :D)
1.)"The shapely young woman did not tempts me yet."
i think you meant "The shapely young woman did not tempt me yet."
or,"The shapely young woman had not tempted me yet"

2.)"She ask would I desire some tea?"
i think you meant to put, "She asks would I desire some tea?"
or, "She asked if I would desire some tea?"

i love the image of the Roma woman, usually soothsayers and fortune tellers are seen as round, thick skinned old women with Jamaican accents and dreadlock hair. call it odd, but i kept picturing the gypsy girl from the Disney film 'Hunchback of Notradamn."
i don't know much about tarot card readings, but my sister (an avid Pagen) practices it and has even gone to 'professional' readers lol. I've always wondered what it would feel like to fall into a situation like this filled with Platonic love towards a complete stranger who knows you better than you know yourself.

which begs the question, this is so detailed i cant tell if this is a story of imagination, or if this happened to you? if so i can see where your humble beginnings started my friend :)

as usual another incredible piece! thank you for sharing Coyote!! :)

-S.B.-

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a great erad. you bring the reader into the story and it is very easy to understand the plot of this. good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow I really like this one Coyote, This is wonderful.
Such depth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are a great many lessons to be learned within this piece of work. I have never been sure how useful Tarot cards are, but there are those who live their lives by them. Your story is entertaining and informative. You still have a few "tense" issues, but they are becoming fewer with every new piece I read.
Thank you for an interesting read Coyote :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3918 Views
126 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..