Remembering Martin Luther King.

Remembering Martin Luther King.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Someone said to remember M.L.K. We should do acts of kindness. I believe he would appreciate his memory of anti-violence and love to be strengthen by kind deeds and love.

"
              

  Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.

I was just a baby when Martin Luther King Jr. led the world to equality with his sermons of love and anti-violence.
Even as a young boy he motivated my dreams of all men and woman being treated with equality and fairness.
I wonder how different the world would be? If Martin Luther King Jr. lived. I believe the world would of been a better place.


A old man walked into the mall.
He was wearing old clothing and not talking to anyone.
Me and my daughter were sitting at a coffee shop.
The old man sat across from us.
The manager of the coffee shop looked with distaste at the man.
He asked the man did he want anything?
The old man said no.
The manager asked him to leave.

I sent my my daughter to him.
She asked did he want a coffee and food?
He told her no.
She came back to me.

I asked the waitress to sent him the special and a coffee.
He received the food with a  surprise.
He ate the food with a great hunger.
Me and my daughter started to walk away.
He got up and told me "Thank you."
I shook his hand. Told him.
"We all need a helping hand sometime."
His eyes with tears. He told me.
"God will remember you. God remember the good people who give without
the desire of reward."

The world needs more Angels with the gifts of kindness.
Could Jesus be the man who is dirty and homeless and we do not want to see him?

I drive by 1-94. A well dressed man is with a sign.
"Need food."
It is a cold day.
I gave him some fruit and vegetables.
A few dollars.
He gave me a big smile. Told me.
"You are  blessed for helping the poor man. No greater kindness."

Could there be Angels  testing our spirit.
Seeing if we have become blind and heartless?

Old homeless man was sleeping in my lobby at my work.
It is very cold outside this night.
He looked safe and peaceful.
Customers complain about him.
I asked him to go the bottle room.
It was warm. He had to leave by 7am.

He smiled at me. Told me.
"A Vietnam Vet appreciate your kindness."
I shook his hand.
I told him.
"Us Vet must help each other."

A co-worker gave him food.
A part of her lunch.
He thanks her.
Told her she is a sweet and kind Angel.

In the morning.
The man is gone.
My co-worker asked "Would he be Ok?"
She wished she could of done more.
I told her.
"You did good. You treated him with kindness and respect.
World needs more kind acts."

In Detroit, Mi. today. Twenty two thousand homeless.
Woman and children must have shelter and a warm places to rest.
Many good people volunteer and help for free.
Their gift are truly real.
They help people with nothing else to lose.

All of us need to to do what we can.
A simple gifts of food.
A few dollars could make a day better for someone with little.

On a statue in Monterey, Ca.
Words written a hundred years ago.
"A bless life is a man who reaches down to the poor and suffering offering
kindness and love."

I pray for better days.
Donate to a shelter.
Volunteer your time.
Smile at a stranger and wish them a good day.

Martin Luther King day is coming.
I like the idea of doing good deeds in his name.
I believe he would of appreciated brothers and sisters helping each other.

I hope we remember him on the free day from work.
He stood for love, no violence and made his dream of equality spread to the USA and the world.

Thank you Martin Luther King Jr. I wish I got to know you more.

                            Coyote
                          Jan 2011






© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Martin Luther King is a symbol for anti-violence ans equality. We need to remember this great man. He is more then a day-off from work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this touched me; thank you for sharing and at the appropriate time too since his observation day is Monday...i find it so sad that those that want to make the world a better place by being courageous and spreading the motivation of peace and acceptance are the ones that are targeted by evil....it is so true...evil flourishes if good does not take a stand...it is because of MR king's audacity and strong human spirit that a lot of our opportunities have opened...

Posted 13 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LORD HAVE MERCY...
I HAD TO...
STOP HALF WAY...
BECAUSE I STARTED...
TO TEAR UP...
THIS IS SO...
TRUE AND TOUCHING...
WE SHOULD ALL...
HAVE THE MINDSET...
TO DO ACTS...
OF KINDNESS MORE...
THANKS FOR SHARING...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They say when you witness an act of kindness it changes your physiology, releases endorphins, makes you feel happier, lighter. Reading this did that for me. MLK is one of my heroes. I think he WOULD want us to show more kindness to one another. Very smart man, very worthy of remembrance!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for sharing and for the recognition that the day is //more/// than just a holiday. This was a really fantastic write.
Loved the message behind it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A nice tribute bro. Thanks for writing and sharing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely beautiful memories the tears shed for the unfortunate water the fields of life that GIVE MANKIND THE RIGHT TO EXIST

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I could have carried on reading this for longer. You have a soft way of saying things without sounding preachy. It was a thoughtful well penned write. As someone who was homeless, busking the streets with an harmonica only a season ago, and who is now still semi homeless, though with a roof over my head, I know those kind deeds you expressed, I didnt mind sleeping outdoors, but it was scarey where people might attack you, if someone had just said, you can sleep in the garden, away from passers by, my anxiety would have been reduced greatly. Not everyone who is homeless is there because they drink or take drugs. I worked for ten years as a careworker till I lost my job in 2008, then gave up my flat for fear of debt. When you are getting older, if you havent saved, it can happen to anyone. So besides the dollars and food, I know the kindness you showed, will have been the greatest comfort. A person needs a smile and a reassuring handshake, it is like water in a desert. It is money in your spiritual bank too! because what goes round comes round, and when you are in need, things have a way of coming back to help. Thankyou. I love Martin Luther King and all those larger than life people. We all love a hero.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Giving doesn't take great effort; all a body needs do is fidget into a pocket and take out a few pennies, then, smile, pat a shoulder, say good day and move on. And, it takes as much time as it took me to type that. Hasn't hurt me, hasn't held up my day but .. think what it might have done for someone who needed recognition, who needed to feel more visible, more alive. People are so busy these days, rushing here and there, trying to find out where 'more' can be found, two for the price of one .. and i don't mean tea bags or baked beans.

Your wonderful MLK was more than shining example of his day, he was, is and always will be one of those incredible people who tried to inspire others to cross the road to help another human being. And you, John, give more than your fair share, inspiring your friends to think outside their own tiny boxes. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice on brotherly love among mankind. Nice story poem that tells of tales and examples on good deeds. Store up your heavenly treasures in heaven by doing good instead of earthly treasures of wealth. Follow the footsteps of one Martin Luther King Jr and change the world for the better. well said.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

makes me wish i met him.... phenomenal people like him are rare and grand. makes me speechless.
thumbs up! another masterpiece from you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

really very nice poem. it is as great as the person it was written about and the person who has written it. it is also filled with sensitive emotions and great kind deeds moreover than the ida of bringing up our kids on good morals. thanks for writing about such a great person who is a real symbol of equality

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8442 Views
97 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on February 20, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT