Seconds in time

Seconds in time

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

What would we say to the people who were kind and generous to you? To be able to say goodbye to loves one's who died when you were away.

"
                                










                                        












                                       Seconds in time


             I learn in a bloody crazy life.


             Seconds become so important.

             I went to war in 1991.
             I called my Gandfather Reyes from Kuwait.
             My sister answered the phone.
             Told me he was dead.
             He died and she didn't want me to be sad.
             Was waiting till I returned.
             I fell down and cried. Wishing to hear his voice.
             I remembered his words. "Stand strong and
              do the right things. A man's is responsible
              for his actions."
              I wished to see him one more time.
             To thank him for his care and love. 


             I held my poor sister at her daughter funeral.
             Her baby girl died for unknown reason in the night.
             I whispered I wished I spend more time with her.
             I was just too damn busy.
        

             She whispered I want my baby back.
             Her sad eyes filled with tears.
             Her broken heart was bringing her into 
             a permanent hell.

              
              She was wishing for one more second.
              To be with her baby girl.
              One more second to hold her baby.
               Be able to tell her Angel
               I love you with all my heart.


               I stood by my brother's casket.
               I cried I wish I was kinder and a friend.
               I wished I told him. " I loved you.
               I wished we celebrated being alive together."


               His twisted life left him alone and afraid.
               Like all fool's.
               I wished to take back the bad discussions.
               I wish I was wiser and kinder.


               My Father fought the Doctor and Nurses.
               I drove 1500 mile to Virginia to be with him.
               He begs me to take him home to die.
               He waited three days for me to arrive.
               He told me "I had to see you my son.
               Tell you.  I love you and I'm so proud of you. "

              He told me.
              Me and your brother's will be waiting for you at the
              big pow wow in Native America paradise.
               I held his hand till he went to the Native American
               hunting ground.
              
               Beautiful Grandma lay in her hospital bed.
               She told me "I love you my sweetie. You will always be
               my baby."
               I sat with her.
               Not wanting to let her go.
               I held on to her every word.
               

               She went to paradise in peace.
               I whispered Lord.
               "Take a new Angel home with open arms.
                She need to dance with Grandfather again." 


               I learn the hard way.
               Be kind in your words in a goodbye.
               Never leave with the last words.
               That were of anger and disappointment.
                 

               Tell them you love them and will miss them.
                Have fun and be safe.


                Today I miss the laughter and voices of
                so many people in my life.


                I wish for more time with them.
                A few more seconds to thank them for their love.
                Thank them for  their example and friendship.

                     Coyote
                        Nov. 2009

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Seconds are important. Need to leave family and friends with kind words. Hug and sweet kisses are the memories we need to hold on to. Memorial day is coming. Think of the good people in a life. I will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
A very meaningful and sad but beautiful poem. I like how the theme reflected real memories and real moral and lessons you attained throughout time and sadness. I feel that seconds are also very important, and we should leave with kind words even if we start with hateful. I was deeply depressed when my grandfather passed away because I never got to speak with him in the last months. A strong and lovely poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow man! You had me teary eyed as I read through this, so much loss and heartache, but the love comes from the good time you shared with these people who helped shaped your heart...Sounds like they did a great jog from the love in your words...

Man Excellent Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece is so poignant, moving and touches me very deeply. I couldn't agree with the message here any more; I have been in the position too, when words are left unsaid to loved ones. The feeling of regret can eat away at a part of us. Memorial day is the time to remember those who have crossed over, but I hear this piece asking us to remember our loved ones who are still here while we can.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very beautiful poem. Time waits for no one and people should realize that nothing lasts forever and if we don't spend time with the ones we love and show them we love them they'll be gone and we can never get back the time we lost. After I lost my grandmother I was upset and I wished that I could have spent more time with her than I had. It's never to late to fix things and be with the ones you love and care for before time runs out.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I so agree with that. A few days ago, a 20 year old guy I knew died of pneumonia after a bone marrow transplant. To witness the broken hearts makes you realize all over again how precious life really is. Nice poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the history in this poem. Of how the lesson was learned in steps throughout it. I think we all will be regretting the seconds we spent doing something else. Loss is a hard thing to overcome. It doesn't go away, you just get strong enough to carry it. Loss also teaches you to appreciate what you have, and who you have left. You never know when this day or that will be the last you see of someone you love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree every moment counts in life and we should make the best with the ones we love while their alive

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very simple, yet compelling. At times I was thrown off at the structure of the dialogue. But I heavily enjoyed it, good read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now I am going to call my Nonna more often. Thank, Coyote, again, for bringing a little truth to my world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
A very meaningful and sad but beautiful poem. I like how the theme reflected real memories and real moral and lessons you attained throughout time and sadness. I feel that seconds are also very important, and we should leave with kind words even if we start with hateful. I was deeply depressed when my grandfather passed away because I never got to speak with him in the last months. A strong and lovely poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

we need to cherish the precious seconds we have with those most important to us. outstanding write Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3113 Views
85 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT