The wishing well

The wishing well

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Wishes are just dust lost in the wind. Words that will scar the heart and soul. We must know action and seek peace in life.

"
                      


(My friend Donald. He was killed in Iraq in August 2004.)



   













THE WISHING WELL

(Wishes are just dust lost in the wind. Words that will scar the heart and souls. We must know action and seek peace in a life.)
                               Coyote

(Don't allow the foolishness of other to block the desire of love. Blood is blood in good and bad times. Family is all we have. See your father and mother in the eyes of the elders. Leave with kind words and good memories. One day the good and kind people will be gone.  We will need to remember their faces.)
   Coyote

The clock is moving. Tick tock, tick tock.
I remember so many names and I can't remember their faces.
I pick up old photos.
They bring back both happiness and sadness.
I make a wish to see old friends and missed family.

I watched a girl tossing a penny into the wishing well. 
She smiled at me. Asked me. "Do wishes come true. Or are they just wasted words.?"

I told her. "Life is simple. Wishes are fool's goals. Must resurrection hope. Must retrieve the energy and hope of a strong and wise mind. Can't mangle and rip apart the deeds of good people to leave you standing empty. Wishing for missed and lost voices and faces."

The girl asked "Is forgiveness possible?  Can I return to where I was? Is it better to wait or bow down. Open new doors for family and friends?"

"Better to accept mistakes and try to understand. Forgive those who are part of our life. Family is what we are. Would the people important to our heart and soul  understand why we forsaken the people that would do anything for your safety and happiness. Father's eyes are in the eyes of their parent. When you create a broken bridge. A part of you will be lost forever and can't be replaced.  Better to bow down and seek forgiveness and peace. Then to live in disappointment for leaving dear people with negative words."

The young girl looked into my eyes. Asked me. "Does the regret ever fade away?"

I told her. Become scars that can't heal. Just open wounds to remind us to be kind.

I stood by my friends grave. I cried many tears for him and his children. His mother held me like a child. I told her. "I wished I spend more time with him. He was a real friend. I miss his smile and laughter." I asked the spirit of life and death in a silent prayer. I pray my  old friend have found some peace. I saw my friends face in the father's face. He stood sad and alone. I know parent will die many times for lost of their babies."

Hard to seek forgiveness and find hope sometime.
I stood by the wishing well.
I tossed a penny in.
I wished for happiness for all the children.
I wish to understand life.

Tick tock, tick tock.
Time is going by.
Few people are left that caressed my life with hope and kindness.
I know the way of life. A wise person give back the love and kindness he
was given with great generosity.

I saw my friend face yesterday. A small boy made me happy. His energy and joy for life reminded me of his Grandfather. Maybe we do get some sort of peace in the end.

My old friend was a wise man. He saved me many times. I tried to help him.
I know he is  in paradise looking down. Seeing two beautiful daughters. Grand babies growing strong and big. I know he is content.

He would have told his children. "Don't let the hatred of others  make you hate. Need family and friends to keep you strong. Love bring love. Hate bring loneliness."

I stand by the wishing well. I know wishes can come true. If we do our best and are kind to friends and family. Hate and negative leave us wishing for thing hard to find again.

Better to seek peace and know love.

                          Coyote





© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new poem. I have been brought to a old sadness. Sometime good to remember and say names of family and friends missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is a fable from the Jewish faith, about a young man talking to his rabbi. He asks, "Rabbi, when we pray to God, why do we ask Him to place the holy words on our hearts? Why don't we ask Him instead to place the words in our hearts, where they belong?" The rabbi says to the boy, "My son, you see, in our current normal everyday state, our hearts are tightly closed. We place the holy words on our hearts because our hearts must be broken in order for the words to fall inside."

This poem is gorgeous, and made me think of that fable. For in thinking about your friend, you allowed your heart to break, and the Spirit shines through loud and clear in this one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent job in this piece. It really moved me to see how much you miss your old friend, and how deeply he affected you. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hard to seek forgiveness and find hope sometime.
I stood by the wishing well.
I tossed a penny in.
I wished for happiness for all the children.
I wish to understand life.

Tick tock, tick tock.
Time is going by.
Few people are left that caressed my life with hope and kindness.
I know the way of life. A wise person give back the love and kindness he
was given with great generosity.

I really love this part. Such emotional write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there are some very relevant themes and some wisdom in this hard hitting and powerful write. friends and family are forgiven their idiosyncrasies based solely upon their stature and the love in your heart. well written and extremely profound piece here, John!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not a very emotional guy, i try not to be, since i'm the singular pillar in my family, the only man. But after reading this, specially by this line " I miss his smile and laughter." I started tearing up, this was beautiful my friend. I'm sure where ever your friend is, he's smiling this Christmas knowing he was lucky to have spend the time he spent, even though not as much time as you both would have liked but he did spend it with you. You have memories of him that will always live on, you will be the friend who can remind his children on what a good man their father was, what a funny decent human being he was and just for that where ever he is , he's happy that you were his friend, as you are he was yours. This was a beautiful write. /hug.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words.
It is always good to remember those times shared with friends and family and those lost whom we might only now join in death. This was wonderful to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful poem, and beautiful message. I especially like the line about parents dying many deaths from the loss of their child/ren. I think this is one of your better works. Story, advice, truth and morals, all separately stated yet still interlinked. Wonderful job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's always a good thing to remember friends and family. No one wants to be forgotten. Excellent pen on this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Don't let the hatred of others make you hate. Need family and friends to keep you strong. Love bring love. Hate bring loneliness."

nice advice.. i liked

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As always, simply and beautifully put, a kind and wise philosophy well expressed, both eloquent and accessible. This poem is basically a parable. For me, the heart of this poem is that our wounds, our hurt, our failures, are what remind us to be kind to others - our humility, basically. Excellent poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
Wow, the sadness, the wisdom and faith out into this poem, this story has completely moved me. It is true, all you have said, hate will bring you only to loneliness and to forgive and forget is healing your scars.
We've only known wisdom spoken through others, but we can also caution ourselves with new thoughts of ours. This was a truly moving poem and made me realize many things I haven't looked back too. Amazing write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2156 Views
64 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..