!War!  What is good for? Nothing.

!War! What is good for? Nothing.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just thinking about good people who are missed. Thank you Edwin Starr for your song.

"
"Borders may separate countries.
But with each death in war.
A flame of life is lost."




I was the first USA citizen in one year to visit the graves of 20,000 USA Soldiers lost in one battle in WW2.

























My good friend who was killed in Iraq with his children in 2004.





















Rachel Corrie. A human shield killed trying to protect a clinic.

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I'm tire of war. I was raised with the Vietnam war. My children have the Bush's war. I pray for peace. Time for all people to demand the end to war. I know the 1.2 trillion dollar spend on war could create jobs and help education.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have thought much about it man. The govts of the world can wage no war without men willing to fight. The paranoia of having to defend ourselves is a great evil. There must be civil disobedience and the acceptance of a law of humanity that supercedes the laws of panels of men. Charity to all in need is the way to get there.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

War is never a good thing, its more of a means to no end. Im glad you've shared these thoughts. In doing so, you have shared that of many others, especially victims of it.
Thanks!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awww. well i hope that one day we can actually settle our difference and stop fighting all the time. fighting never solves anything.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I got one thing to say................... War is WACK
Im sorry for those who died serving for are Country

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bro this is a very well written tribute ! and you have my respect !

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow that is so sad! I was really moved by this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's true, we all hate war. But as long as there is anger within us, it's something which is inevitable. Thousands of people have taken initiative, but it's not enough. In reality, good does not beat evil in the end. I can only imagine what kind of pain seeing this cruelty first hand must cause you. Losing so many of your loved ones can be really hard. And for a battle that's not even yours... You make a very good point in this poem. Take care =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it is strange, when the word war is mentioned, everyone will say, oh wars..i hate them! and you can see nonstop wars in all over the world! i am pretty sure that human beings are the real devil and they are the real cause of destroy on our planet! i think earth was so much better before Adam came to settle on it. but since then, it has completely changed when one of Adam's sons killed his brother. this was the real start of wars and all devils. anyways,,,hope the world can be war free one day although i know it is a hopeless wish since people are living on poor earth! but i wish at least wars would become the least as possible as it can be. thank you for the great thoughts Mr. Pacemaker

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One of my grandfather's on my mother's side fought in WWI, WW2, Korean and Vietnam....until he died from the Agent Orange in 1986. It's amazing that he saw so much of the world, yet heartbreaking to know he must have seen so much pain. I never knew of his stories because I never had the chance to meet him, but to live that long in so many wars to tell the tales I find him and any other veteran to be extraordinary men and women.

I, too, hope one day we dont have to send any more of our men and women to fight another battle. I'm worried they might send my brother somewhere else.


Great tribute,
~Anna Rose

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cute pictures. Except the first one...That's just sad. And it makes you think,what have I done with my life?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


7
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1893 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012
Tags: war, peace, friends, human shields.

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry