Chapter One : Rescue

Chapter One : Rescue

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Kagerou and Lacie search around before hearing a scream.

"

Darkness.

 

All around her there was darkness. 

 

Brown hair scattered about the cracked concrete and red eyes, tired,  lifeless, looked up to the sky where she stared up at the full moon. Her bones were broken and blood was leaking from her hip as she lay there in the ruins of the city alone. There were no more tears that could fall from the eyes that have already cried every single day. This young girl was more ruined than the place she laid in: on the cracked street with cars smashed into buildings and buildings themselves falling apart. 

 

There she was, her body spread out in front of the sky. 

 

There she was, blood staining the white shirt that her mother had told her to wear . . .

 

since the day was special

 

"Special".

 

That was the last word she heard from her mother, who was now nowhere to be found in the ruins,

 

Before the terrible roar of a monstrous demon filled her ears.

 

Before her screams turned her deaf and her tears turned her blind. 

 

But there she was, laying there. 

 

A last tear couldn't help but form on her eye, 

 

and as it fell,

 

she spoke saying:

 

"Help."

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



 

"Ugh. What a mess!"

 

a young girl bearing beau blue eyes and hair whined as she jumped on one of the smashed cars. She was looking around at the barren wasteland that the people used to live in before demons started to rule over. The young girl's name was Lacie and as she jumped off the car and walked by a young boy's side, she continued to be disgusted by the sight of rotten corpses for she had seen pictures of this city before it became what it was now. Lacie never expected for it to become this bad. 

 

"I can't believe that humans used to live here, didn't you used to live here Kagerou?"

 

She sighed as she looked up at her partner, who bore blue bell colored eyes and bright lavender colored hair; who wore a long, worn-out cape over a military-style uniform while she wore a white lace dress making Lacie look like a flower in the rut. His name was Kagerou, Kagerou Orihara, the one who was looking around as well, only more diligently as he spared a glance towards his partner and smiled at her. 

 

"Well, it used to be better-looking before Lacie,"

 

He pointed out, also pointing a finger, that he pulled out from the cape, at her and tapping her nose, 

 

"People used to love living here, it was the best place to be----until now, that is."

 

Kagerou was referring to how ruined the buildings were, he was always on the look-out for something to fall down on them, unlike Lacie, who was looking around and complaining about how dirty everything was. It was one dark night and what's worse was it was a full moon. Any kind of demon would want to go hunting tonight. They were sitting ducks. 

 

Lacie then became distracted with something shiny and went ahead of Kagerou to go grab it, only to find that it was a piece of glass stained with crimson red, making Lacie drop it almost immediately. 

 

"I can't believe Riku made us go out here, can't he do the job himself?!"

 

Lacie cried, rubbing her hands together as she looked over at Kagerou who was waiting for her with a patient smile spread across his face as he stood there by a flickering street light, just about to turn and walk around a corner, 

 

"Anne would have finished her scanning by now!"


She ran toward him but then stopped, hearing something familiar to her ears. It was a sound she was all too acquainted with, the sound of an agonizing cry for help that made her tilt her head to the direction they came from. Kagerou noticed that she stopped and looked around, making sure no one was watching since it looked as if she was frozen for a second. He had thought that she heard a demon and of course he couldn't hear the sound, he wasn't like Lacie. 


"What's wrong?"


Kagerou called out, running and tapping her shoulder with a reassuring smile,


"Hear something?"


Lacie didn't look up, but then she held onto his arm, gripping it tightly.


"Lacie . . .?"


He whispered, using his free hand to tilt her chin up, only to find a smirk on her face, her hand that was gripping onto his trembling in anger,


"What's wro---!"


"It's that thing Kagerou, it wants more."


She interrupted him, pointing to the direction in which they came from with her free hand,


"Target acquired."



© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love most your writing style; the arrangements, the colors and the pics, really engrossing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


EPIC

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

xD thanks
Very interesting, great writing! I loved the flow of the story you're great at putting the scene in the writers head I could really see it all going down in my head. I'm curious to see how this is all going to play out. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013
Tags: Chapter, One, Running, Before, Day, Romance, Love, Anime


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing