Just A Memory

Just A Memory

A Story by Catlen

I remember meeting you on a hot July day. Just out of the blue, you came into my life and I welcomed your presence. I needed someone like you. You fascinated me.

I needed to feel again and you gave me that much.

You said I was beautiful and I could really see it. In your eyes, I was THE most beautiful woman in the world. You said you wanted to kiss me and I welcomed your touch, your passion, your longing for me....

You held me in your arms and I thought I had found my shelter.

You said 'I will be here for you; I will help you through it all,' and then....

You were gone....

At first, I thought it would be for a few days and I kept waiting for you. I didn't need much; just a word to let me know you are all right, but there's still no news from you.

But I keep waiting....

See? I'm at our favourite place. Our beach.

I'm all alone now. There's nobody around. Just me...holding my shoes in one hand. You should have been holding the other. You would have if you were here.

"Don't you love the feeling of the sand under your feet?" I had asked you once. I still do. It feels so comfortingly warm. It melts the ice in my heart. As you would have...If you were here...

I test the water now. Just my toes in. As I always did and you laughed... Remember? It is delightfully cool. You would have loved it, even gone in for a swim. I smile...You always loved the sea.

I let my eyes drift. The sun is setting now. See those pinks and oranges in the sky? So beautiful... I always loved watching the sunsets with you. You would have kissed me a thousand times by now. I sigh...You would have...If only you were here now... 

And I wonder....

Will you ever come back to me? Will I ever feel safe again?

 

Will you leave me with just a memory?

© 2013 Catlen


Author's Note

Catlen
I wrote this piece as practice to see if I can make readers feel sad or even cry, so I would appreciate any comments you might have on that. Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

so pretty...................

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is quite sad and evokes a bit of frustration, also. Frustration that a person who'd presented himself to be so loving and caring could go away without a word. Perhaps something bad had happened to him? If so, you'd want to run to his aid. If he'd lied about everything, you'd want to forget about him and move on. As it is, there's only hurt and fear.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Catlen

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I think my practice paid off then. ;)))
Aw you definitley mad me feel sad (nice aim though wanting to make your reader cry, lol ;)
anyways it's a heartfelt write and you described the feeling of losing someone you just can't forget very well.
Great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Catlen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading it!
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you're most welcome :)
This does making me feel sad and bereft. I want to know what happened to him. I'm not sure if I should be angry with him for leaving or sad because something bad happened to him. They had such wonderful times together. I like what you've added, you're definitely channeling strong emotions, Catherine!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Catlen

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading it again. I appreciate it!
This is wonderful! I'm new to writers cafe, but this story is so touching. Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Catlen

10 Years Ago

Thank you! :)))
She seems so forlorn... I want to know what happens next! So many possibilities! Nicely done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Very nicely penned sis. I LOVE the emotion you captured and I am waiting for the rest lol. Se Ayapo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Catlen

10 Years Ago

Don't know if there would be any more... ;) Tomorrow, sis...Now that this is out of me, I'll get som.. read more
Sam

10 Years Ago

Sleep tight see you torrow!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 11, 2013

Author

Catlen
Catlen

Greece



About
My name is Catherine and I am from Greece. I am a teacher in reality and a romance writer in my dreams. I am also working as a freelance editor / proofreader. For more information, check my webs.. more..

Writing
Love Ache Love Ache

A Poem by Catlen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Troubadour The Troubadour

A Story by Catlen


Did it? Did it?

A Poem by CRZ