Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
chapter 2

The Pathologist took out a magnifying glass and used a pair of medical pliers to lift her chin back and inspected the wound on her neck, continuing to describe the injuries. "It’s obvious that she has been mutilated. It is also evident that the carotid artery has been severed at some stage, hence the amount of blood loss. There is a great deal of blood in and around the oral cavity, therefore it’s unclear to say what the damage is entirely, but if I just have a look now." He then opened her mouth slightly with the instrument and peered into it briefly and said, "The wound is too dry at this point to be certain, but as far as I can see, there has also been mutilation inside of the mouth. And the blood seems to have formed into a mucus." He then looked directly at the detectives at that very moment, before giving his opinion, - "I’d say she bled to death! Wouldn’t you?"

As he was saying all of this, they couldn’t answer. They just stood there with a look of horror and confusion, not knowing what they could say in return. Most of it was gibberish to them, but they could still understand the seriousness of what he was saying, which prompted the eldest to ask, "Can you give us more detail?"

"Afraid not," he replied. "The body has to be examined by the senior pathologist. He can give a full body examination and give us enough details which will be useful to the investigation. I can only give a brief explanation, as I’m not authorized to invent my own conclusion."

"We need it to be done as soon as possible."

"No worries. I will get the body to them now, but I need both of you to give my men some privacy whilst they lift her into the ambulance.” He paused and suggested, "Also for the woman’s sake, I believe?"

"Of course," the detective replied sympathetically, before nudging the other to leave with him.

.

"I don’t know about you, but I could do with a drink. Something strong," the older detective said to the younger one when they got outside and were making there way across the bridge, towards the main part of the town.

"Hell, are you kidding? God damn it, that guy was just…Talk about graphic!"

"Yeah, well…"

"The blood seems to have formed into a mucus," he imitated.

The older man just grinned and shook his head.



© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 18, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, Shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06