Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
chapter 7

The two policemen stood side by side in some long grass on spare land with a tin bucket in front of them which had flames roaring from it.

The eldest man said, "You’re a damn good officer, boy. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna lose ya." He pulled the bloody shirt from the inside of his navy blue, uniform jacket and threw it upon the flames, watching it burn into a pile of ashes. "The body’s being handed over to Walker’s funeral home in the morning. That’s the last we’ll see of that b***h. And your shirt," he grinned triumphantly, looking at the devastated youngster who had calmed down since earlier.

"Am I a suspect?" he asked.

"No, junior. Cowan’s too busy trying to pin it on the Ashens. Good luck!"

The youngster began to well up again, and he said in a shrilled voice, "They just got me mad."

"Did they antagonise you into killin' her?"

"No."

"Did an Ashen put you up to this?"

"No!"

.

Meanwhile, at the Walker home, the parents of young Henry, the boy who had found Mary were in the kitchen, discussing recent goings on. His mother was stood near the work surface, chopping potatoes and his dad was stood behind her when she said, "The police were sniffing around earlier. Cowan and Simmons. What happens if they find out? What about Henry?"

"Don’t worry. Henry knows Shaw killed his cousin. He knows."

"But what if they dig something up?"

"They won’t. I wasn’t there, remember?"

"yeah, well I think the Ashen family should take some responsibility. It was them that got everyone fired up!"

"And Michael’s related to us by blood," he informed, as he put his arms around her.

"No, he’s related to you and Henry, not me!" she snapped, whilst pushing him away.

"I’m getting the body tomorrow. We’re gonna get her buried as soon as possible, then we’re all laughing," he smiled, as he leaned against the dining table.

They both had dark brown hair with dark eyes like their son, who had spent most of his time in his bedroom since making the discovery. His parents had persuaded him that Mary Shaw had murdered Michael Ashen to calm him down and to prompt him to keep his mouth shut for when the constabulary came sniffing around, asking questions.

"Henry’s up in his room right now. This should all blow over soon," the mother replied.


© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, Shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06