Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
chapter 12

Both men walked through the gates, back outside towards the car during the 5 minute interval. When they got to it, Robert unlocked the doors and grabbed a large, thick envelope from the back seats, before getting into the driver’s seat, followed by Carl who climbed into the passenger seat and asked, "What are ya doing?"

"I didn’t wanna have to bring out the big guns," Robert eventually replied in a low tone, as he looked down at the envelope, still holding it in his hands.

"Rob?"

"I opened this in my office, but I didn’t show ya because I was saving it…saving it for a big moment."

"You asking me on a date?" asked Carl, grinning jokingly.

"Ya know your problem? You just never see how serious things are," Robert replied, putting his hand into the already opened envelope, pulling the photographs out and showing Carl who saw the top photograph and flinched, backing away from it.

"Something bothering you, sonny?" he asked, still keeping the same tone, not responding in the slightest to Carl’s reaction.

The photographs were those that the pathologist had shown them the day they went to get the results of the post mortem. He must have sent them to Robert, who had obviously chosen to keep it a secret up until that point. The top photograph -  the one which had caused such a reaction in Carl, was a close up shot of the woman’s gaping mouth, exposing the horrific mutilations inside; mainly the roar, open wound that used to be her tongue and the blood surrounding it like a venomous goo. He had never seen that particular photograph before, even in the pathologists office, nor had he seen that particular injury in such detail at the actual scene. At that moment, he quickly put his hand over his mouth and flung the door open, getting out and running back towards the gates of the prison.

Robert quickly put the envelopes inside his coat, got out of the car, slamming the door behind him and chased after his pal shouting, "Wait!"

When he caught up with Carl, he grabbed his shoulder reassuringly and said, "I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset ya like that."

"What are ya planning on doing with those?"

"Watch this space," smirked Robert.

Carl just looked at him disbelievingly and annoyed, before they both headed back into the prison, where the same guard came and escorted them, unlocking the gates as they headed back to the interview room.


© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, Shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06