Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
Chapter 16

It was pitch black; half past 9, and both detectives were standing outside the gates of a house - after driving with Wilson, so he could direct them.

Wilson looked at both Robert and Carl, before saying, "Follow me. I know my way to the back. That's where he'll be." He then began making his way around the house.

"Where the f**k ya goin'?" hissed Robert, as he and Carl followed.

Wilson pointed to the iron fence closing off the side of the house. "We gotta climb over. I ain't disturbing his wife and kids."

The 3 of them struggled over the fence, Carl managing perfectly and Wilson managing OK, but Robert needing assistance, as he couldn't get himself over as easily and ran out of breath, then as he was about to jump down into the bushes in the garden - he caught his belly and went toppling onto a bush.

Carl didn't go to help him up. He just stood laughing in a fit of hysterics, trying not to laugh too loudly. "You're the same age as Wilson and you ain't that fat", he chuckled. "So why'd ya go tumblin' like an elephant?...Well, at least ya landed the right way - Inside the yard."

Robert struggled to his feet and brushed himself off and said, "Wilson, carry on."

Wilson made his way across the yard towards the back of the house, followed by both men.

He stopped outside a wooden extension of the house: built 10 feet off of ground level with some steps leading to where he was standing. A light was on, so someone was in. "Ash!...Ash!...Ash!" he yelled loudly.

At that moment, the wooden door was flung open and a man walked onto the balcony, saw it was Wilson and made his way down the steps, asking, "What are they doing in my back yard?"

"Ash..." Wilson said, looking worried.

Robert gave a big grin and said to Carl, "Victor Ashen. I might have known." He then approached the man and said, "Victor Ashen. I'm arresting you on suspicion of playing a role in the murder of Mary Shaw."

"On what grounds?" he asked.

"Mr Ashen, we have an official confession from James Wilson that you were the head of the mob that killed Shaw," Robert replied, before grabbing him and heading for the front gates.

"Wait!" he protested. "I ain't going nowhere with you b******s...The kids are asleep. My wife can defend me...so can't we do it at my house?"

Carl smiled and said, "It's a pretty big home."

Robert looked at the house. "This is the same place we spoke to your wife. I can't believe we didn't recognise it."

All 4 of them made their way towards the front of the house, Carl handcuffing Wilson.

.

The Ashen man brought them through the living room, where they had spoken to his wife, and into another living room which looked very different. It had a stone coal fire and a fur rug on the floor, with a sofa opposite. There was also a deer head trophy on the wall above the fire place.

Robert, Carl and Wilson sat down on the big comfy sofa, whilst their latest suspect paced up and down.

"Where were ya on the 12th of August between 10 pm and on the 13th, 4 am?" asked Robert

I don't know. Probably out with the guys or in bed with the wife."

"Wilson tells us that you've got this thing going on where everyone can take the wrath as long as they protect you until death."

"No way."

"Mr Ashen..."

"Just call me Ash."

"OK, Ash, You're in deep s**t, and if we can prove that you were running the entire show and you're even keeping your goons silent, then our department is gonna come down on ya like a ton of s**t."

"I ain't got nothing to do with it! Wilson's lying," he snapped, before jabbing his finger at Wilson angrily and hissing, "You're a lying b*****d. You'd say anything to f**k me over, wouldn't ya?"

"Please, Ash! It's over," Wilson persuaded.


© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
Added on August 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, Shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06