Chapter 18 (Flash back)

Chapter 18 (Flash back)

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
Chapter 18

By midday, pretty much the whole of Ravens Fair were out in the streets: Holding banners and signs - and some townsfolk were handing out posters when they weren't putting them up in shop windows and on street lamps.

.

"Yeah, I know...I'll drive down right now...Aren't your lot dealing with it?" Robert said to the person on the other end of the telephone, whilst he sat in his office trying to ignore the commotion outside the door. Police officers and other officials were running up and down frantically. None of them had had chance to rest at all since they had received the phone call from Ravens Fair department that morning.

There was a knock at the door, so Robert quickly broke off the conversation and hung up. "Come in!"

A tall, middle aged male police officer opened the door and said, "Sir, we've had a call from Vernon Francis - Ravens Fair head of police. He says you need to get down there A.S.A.P and bring a damn good family liaison officer."

"Just tell him we are on our way, and that we are fully aware of the sensitive situation - and that our family liaison officers are highly skilled," replied Robert, sounding agitated.

"Is it wise to take Simmons?" the policeman asked curiously, not liking the thought of Carl Simmons being trusted on the front-line of a case such as this.

"No, I'm not taking him. He can't be trusted with this kind of situation...the sensitivity of it all."

At that moment, a woman walked in. She was in her mid 40's and was smartly dressed with long black hair up in curls. "Robert Cowan?" she asked.

"And you are?..." Robert replied.

"Lorraine Finley: family liaison officer," she smiled as she showed her ID badge. "I was transferred yesterday from a department in Philadelphia, and I was told to work with you on your latest case. A missing child, I believe?"

.

That afternoon, Robert stood outside the Ashen home waiting for someone to answer the door. He had driven himself and the New liaison officer to Ravens Fair, to visit the Ashen family and to begin properly working on the case.

"Finally!" the boy's father sighed.

"Victor Ashen?", Robert asked, taking his ID badge from his pocket and showing it to him.

"Yeah. Any news?"

Lorraine stepped forward and nicely said, "I'm Lorraine Finley - family liaison officer. I'm here to help out in an investigation such as this, I'm here especially for you and Mrs Ashen and your children - Michael's brothers and sisters."

"about time!" Victor replied, before telling them to come in and leading them into the living room around the back; his living room with the deer head trophy above the fireplace and the big, comfy sofa.

Lorraine sat down followed by Robert, and then Victor who sat on a chair at the opposite side of the room. She looked at the trophy and asked Victor, "Is it yours? Do you go hunting?"

"No. It's not mine. It's my older brother's. He used to hunt just before he turned into a bum," he replied, slightly agitated. He then added, "He's a whisky head ya see. Got lots of money - richer than me and my lot, but he pisses it up the wall constantly."

"Ok, and have you contacted him?" Lorraine asked professionally.

"I want him to come and stay, but Natalie won't have him here. She hates him..." Victor trailed.

"Is he violent to you or your family?"

"He is my family."

"But does Mrs Ashen fear for her and her children's safety?"

"What has any of this got to do with Michael?!"

"Mrs Finely is here to support you and your family's emotional welfare, and as someone to talk to," informed Robert.

Lorraine peered around the room and asked curiously, "Why does this room look so different to the other?"

"This is my personal room. Me and the wife have our own separate spaces to relax. Gives me a break from the kids," Victor replied.


© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06