Peace

Peace

A Poem by Penelope Lee

Is their peace in life, a new place to hide?

The fierce swiftness of the tide, pulls me in and pushes me aside.

The comfort leaving me tonight, leaving me breathless without clear sight, I cannot figure out.

Is this something I can stand to  think about? In my dreams and in my plans without a doubt.

This is the time, this is the dance,

The rhythm and the beat, brings a life to my feet, this romance.

 

In my heart and soul, the fire burns without control.

The shifting and the glide and pull of the crowd.

This is the plight, the beat of my bleeding heart  from inside out.

Never is now the time, the rhythm and the rhyme, today begs a fighting chance.

The hidden fire of the heat, flies like a kite, keeps the strength but we can only glance. 

 

 Is their peace in this life? A place to go, to be rid of the strife?

Is there a chance, a helping hand, who can help me make the wrong things right.

We take this on , and talk about, the cold, around us that lurks in balance.

Is it time to remind us to keep living without the pain of the past that is keeping us challenged?

The wonder of creating a smile out of a frown.

We try to keep our world together, while facing a time to drown. This is the time, the time is now.

 

 

Is there peace in this life? We may not have to think twice, this the fight,

The battle for rights, the time for the rise and  fall of our lives, and our feelings inside.

Up around and down and out, It may be that we will never figure this out. 

© 2017 Penelope Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you ask several valid questions and make quite a few smart observations and i agree with your conclusion. a very deep & thought provoking write.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 26, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2017

Author

Penelope Lee
Penelope Lee

Pittsburgh/Brownsville, PA



About
I am an amateur writer and social work student. I am exploring and seeing what happens. I'd really love to be published one day and believe in my talents. more..

Writing
Glee Glee

A Poem by Penelope Lee