Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ceana

The year 7029
I guess I’ll start with that fateful day, the one with the question that started all this. Now, I know you won’t remember any of this which is okay, because that’s why I’m writing it. We were all sitting around Avery’s living room, I was reading a book, Louis was on one of his game devises, I’m not sure what you were doing, but anyway, Avery had these thoughts, like she thought about everything, so it wasn’t uncommon for her to say out of the blue:
“Ever wonder what’s outside the city?”
“No,”
“Nope,”
“Never.”
Was what we replied, none of us even bothered to look up from what we were doing. This irritated her, so, she stood up and took the RPG from Louis, who then cried out, “hey, that’s mine!”
Which got everyone’s attention, “as I was saying, I’m curious about what their hiding from us. Aren’t you?”
You looked up and said, “and what if there isn’t any mystery?”
“But what if there is?” Avery challenged, meanwhile I’m looking back and forth between the two of you.
Then I remembered, “you may have something here, a few years ago I asked my Father what was on the other side of the wall, but all he said was that no one knew.”
“Now that’s what I call a mystery,” Avery said looking at you, waiting for you to contradict her, but at the same time wanting you to.
“Fine, there may be something there, but you know we’re not allowed outside. So, whether we’re curious or not, it doesn’t matter, you might as well ask me to have a baby.”
Louis looked up at this revelation, “what are you guys talking about?”
“We’re talking about leaving the city,” Avery said.
“How the heck can you say that so nonchalantly? You’re talking about breaking the one law we have to follow; do you know what will happen to us if we’re caught?” Louis asked, more serious than he ever cared to be, which surprised all of us.
“Why? Do you know?” Avery asked, but she never got her answer.
Why did she have to say what she did? Do you think we would still be there, in that living room? Enjoying our mundane lives? Hmmm… Well, I guess we wouldn’t have gotten the adventure we did. As weird as it sounds, I’m happy we did, I know you must think they’re making me go crazy. But I swear, I promise you I’m not, even if they’re not here with us right now, I’m happy we got to have one more adventure together, you, me, Avery, Louis… I wonder where we’d be if she hadn’t asked us that question…
But even so, I guess you’re curious about what I’m talking about? I suppose I should tell you the whole story, it isn’t one that I like very much, it can get gruesome at times, but it can also be funny. It’s a story of love, betrayal, loyalty, murder, broken promises, execution, lies, and more than anything it’s a story of everlasting friendship, no matter the consequences. I pray you’ll remember before I tell you the whole thing, it’s quite a long story, I could probably make a book out of it!
So, to start the whole thing, I want to say that I’ll be sparing you no detail. I’m hoping this will help you regain your memory, I’m starting at the very beginning, so, bear with me to the end. Please…











© 2018 Ceana


Author's Note

Ceana
Please ignore grammer problems, comment and reveiw.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 10, 2018


Author

Ceana
Ceana

Mesa, AZ



About
My hobbies are reading, writing, cooking, sleeping, and not babysitting. more..

Writing
1 or so 1 or so

A Chapter by Ceana


2 or so 2 or so

A Chapter by Ceana


3 or so 3 or so

A Chapter by Ceana