As it should.

As it should.

A Poem by Cupcake.
"

Originally written 12.28.2012. Experience in the mental hospital.

"

You. You, a person I barely know, change me into this creature I do not know, this creature desperate for attention I do not deserve. I’m sick of your unconscious manipulation, the way you play with me- pulling my marionette strings to the point of nearly breaking me. Somewhere deep down, or perhaps right on the surface, I know the inevitable destruction is something I deserve, no argument against it. I wait for the day the ticking stops and a rapid explosion takes it’s place. And as the ashes fall to the blackened, burnt ground, my spirit, or perhaps my lack thereof, will crumble, as it should.

As it should.

© 2012 Cupcake.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I never could toe the mark and I never could walk the line." Waylon Jennings

Don't let other folks push your buttons or pull your strings...get an attitude with those who try to. You are worth more than all the money in the world. You are an original work of art...one of a kind...special and PRICELESS. You need to come to understrand your own worth as a human being. THEN you will NEVER sell yourself short...you'll never sell yourself at all. I love me and my attitude problem! See, it's only a PROBLEM for OTHERS...not my concern. I'm like Popeye..."I yam what I yam" That person you see in the mirror, I can promise you this...is worth a thousand times more than any backstabbing user out there!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cupcake.

11 Years Ago

Oh, wow, this is so sweet!
Thank you, you are so kind.
Fabian G. Franklin

11 Years Ago

Well, I have what many folks these days consider a "character flaw"...I'm HONEST.
Wow i love this, your pain is so clear and the idea of being manipulated so true for in life we are often the victims of others manipulation whether it be unconscious or not.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cupcake.

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
And yeah, it's nice to know someone else realizes it too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012
Tags: poem, poetry, prose, free verse, mental, hospital

Author

Cupcake.
Cupcake.

The Hundred Acre Wood



About
I like cupcakes. more..

Writing
Addiction Addiction

A Story by Cupcake.


Unattainable. Unattainable.

A Story by Cupcake.


Alleged. Alleged.

A Story by Cupcake.