Let's pretend

Let's pretend

A Poem by Centipedle

Blooming red leaves,
Over a brightly colored town.
I remember it like yesterday,
Orange coating the streets.
There were people playing music,
Passing out food.
A festival of autumn,
Fondly within my mind.

Branches free of leaves,
Over a white colored town.
I remember it like today,
Crystals in the streets.
People were bundled up,
Making soup for all around.
A festival of winter,
Where I met you.

© 2016 Centipedle


Author's Note

Centipedle



Sorry I haven't been on, life's gotten busy. I've been searching for a job and working on my mental health I suppose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful imagery.
Both stanzas give a feeling of closeness to the nature. The contrast between both stanzas is beautiful too.
This poem leaves us in a state of mind where our memories take us to those places where we used to enjoy our lives. Our childhood, when we used to play in the snow....


Posted 7 Years Ago


Reminds me of autumn around Boston with that first stanza, an absolutely gorgeous sight. I really love that title, it goes so well with the fond memories each of those two seasons seem to bring here for you/the narrator. There's true longing in this, the sense of yearning particularly in the final line. Enjoyed the parallelism/repetition. I feel like I could lay out on the grass and listen to this poem being spoken, and it would not be a moment wasted.

Posted 7 Years Ago


this is such a beautiful read ..wondered where it was going and felt such delight in your closing lines ...there is great closeness in Nature and love for one another ..just beautiful! a bit out of season ;) but very wonderful read :)
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Crystals in the streets.
People were bundled up,
Making soup for all around.
A festival of winter,
Where I met you.
I live the way you mentioned crystal in the street .... beautiful creativity my friend

Posted 7 Years Ago


I liked the contrast between the two stanzas.
The Red leaves in particular immediatly shot me towards Autumn, even before seeing that word in the first stanza.

You do well to describe the beauty of both seasons in a way that is captivating and vivid.

One thing that bothered me though-- It was too short!
Why not include a stanza for the Summer and Spring? I do believe they deserve your attention as well.
Thank you for the poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


wow, this reminds me of my favorite state, Vermont, and the time i spent there.

also reminds me of my dad...his autumn is getting late, and winter is coming....

nicely done, terrific imagery.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Centipedle

7 Years Ago

I've never been to Vermont. Being born and raised in the deserts of California everywhere else just .. read more
I love the powerful imagery you gave in this, it's like walking through a silent dream. And I'm glad you're taking time to focus on your mental health, it's always so important to make sure you're okay.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
=
Very beautifully written.

Really brings in the raw elements of the memories you feel towards the subject you're writing about, kudos.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well done. Great and powerful imagery. Reminds me of a dream. I easily relate to this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


So nice to share beginnings, be it a festival, a season, it's all relative for two.

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2096 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2016
Last Updated on June 3, 2016

Author

Centipedle
Centipedle

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hi, my name is Pedle as an online handle. Don't be afraid of my username! Note about reading your stuff. I try to review as much as I can if you are on my list below. But the best SURE way to get .. more..

Writing
Mindset Mindset

A Story by Centipedle


Sea Sea

A Poem by Centipedle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I wish I wish

A Poem by hcarson