That place

That place

A Poem by Chanel Richardson
"

I wrote this also a while ago. But here we are.

"

As I lay in that steady place.

Listening to the quiet hum of your fragile callus cover fingers gently strum your guitar.

With each pluck another sound passes through my body and lingers, as if it had aftertaste.

The sun slowly rises and kisses your bare back is it shines through the window.

Thanks to the mirror along the wall you can visibly see the rays warm your spine, as if it was a gentle reminder that the winter flurries will soon be over, even though we are in the middle of spring.

As I lay in that steady place covered by comforters and surrounded by pillows I realize how I have braced from the highest peak and cliff dived straight into your unconditional love. But right now I think I’m drowning.

In your soft bed, in these comforters, in these pillows, in these cords that you play so sweetly.

I’m drowning in your early morning eggs and coffee.

I am drowning in your midnight drives and grocery store adventures.

I am drowning in each morsel of your soul.

In your beauty.

As I lay in that steady place, I cry.

Tears of joy, that I cannot express verbally.

As I lay in that steady place I gaze at you. To watch you be.

As if you were an newly discovered species, first to roam the Earth and only one of your kind.

Because we know a truly beautiful person can be hard to find.

© 2017 Chanel Richardson


Author's Note

Chanel Richardson
Another one, I wrote this when I was single and it has some similar qualities of my current relationship so I''m not sure if I can tell the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on November 18, 2017
Last Updated on November 18, 2017
Tags: romance, love, sappy, poem, poetry, creative

Author

Chanel Richardson
Chanel Richardson

Las Vegas, NV



About
19 years young and looking to be inspired. I need to find out who I am and what I want to do, that's what brought me here. more..

Writing