Truth Walks Unseen

Truth Walks Unseen

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

Once a shadow......now a ghost.....

"






Once a shadow, now a ghost

inside of a realm
where the sea is a woman
who will sweep you
off your feet.
Truth walks unseen across certain things
like a northwesterly wind
does my loneliness......
meet.

© 2012 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read and re-read this piece and each time I interpreted different things.... Yes, its a poem about seclusion, but the lines present themselves in so many ways.... for e.g when I came across the line "sea is a woman...." i was thinking, is this the sea in the literal sense? That is, may be this soul retires to a place where the roaring of the sea invokes multitudes of feelings. Then I thought may be this is the Inner Sea-the raging emotions in the heart of this forlorn soul that can take you by storm if you surge deep into the crevasses of heart...I faced the same dilemma in the line "Truth walks unseen across certain things "...Are these truths about this person or the realities that she fathoms? That is the beauty of the poem Neva! It makes the readers think and present itself in different colors... Its incredible how you can achieve so much in few lines; something i always aspire to do so myself.... The conclusion has a calming effect: it talks about the soul coming to terms with her loneliness.. So those different meanings finally converges in unison. This is beauty personified... Going to my favorites..

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is incredibly deep. i can read this over and over and find a different interpretation each time. once again, you have captured the essence of love and relationships in few words,but made interpretation an individual experience. you are an amazing poet and a beautiful soul...thank you for posting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is something universal and eternal in this --beautiful write Neva!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and sweet emotional write. Brilliant

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read this poem this morning, so short, but so powerfull, it is a masterpiece of loneliness - brilliant

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely and gentle poem tinged with such saddness. Love the photo! Black and white has such perfect definition.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem. I roamed the coastline for three years. A lot of ghosts on the lonely beaches. Photo gave life to the amazing poetry. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poignant verse Neva, I have missed some of your writes, I am glad I came back to this one, brilliant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the desire to be that woman to someone ...now.. the shadow of the past now only a ghost that comes unbidden at the times of need.lovely verse Neva...Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was one of those poems that forces the reader to think and interpret. It works on more than one level for me. It's a good poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this poem! It was amazing, I really loved this part:
"Once a shadow, now a ghost"
That part was really good and it made me want to read on which I did and I Loved it aha

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1535 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012
Tags: shadow, ghost, realm, sea, woman, feet, truth, wind, loneliness

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..