Searching for the Shores of Your Face

Searching for the Shores of Your Face

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

Even if I were drowning in all the perplexity from my own pores..........

"

































There is a hot surrounding of no

in these thoughts
that do as I say
on the shores
beyond your face.

On mornings
when these images
take the stage
to stand immortal.  

I could never hide
from that which I want
inside my soul,
or from how it settles
then burns into my eyes
to never fade.

Even……….
if I tried.

It seems all my crying
falls into a net
that I refuse to travel
or ever court.
Even if I were drowning
in all the perplexity
from  my own pores.

What little is said
still makes me think
that if I walked where I feel,
no breath would say hello,
nor would it sigh.

The cries of our foundation,
I hear in my mind.
Yet, still I know
nothing has fallen apart.

Because yes is always the one
in the hot surroundings
of my everyday,
who stands
endlessly searching
for the shores
of your face.

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


Author's Note

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Feel free to interpret this one anyway you please.............

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is powerful with emotions - I see myself in this writing in so many, many ways.

me thinks that when we feel we all know so well that love will not fall apart or is not extinguishable. The whole of love vaporizes into nothing right in front of our eyes. Once there, but never forgotten.

We do have to step out from the center of gravity and look at what brought us where we are today with our lives of relationships or marriages.

We have to let go of the bad and hang onto the good of our memories and move on. I may be way off from what you have written Neva, but when you write something like this that is strong with reflection that will fall upon shadows of all our lives. Each one of us will gather our own hearts interpretation of what the words of such a well written piece will represent in each of our lives.

This one makes a heart think of a lot of things - This is good writing Neva

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

. . . first of all - your title is more than a title. It's poetry by itself. Even……….if I tried. like you wrote, I am at a loss of worthwhile words to make comments about really great art.


Posted 4 Years Ago


this touches on it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a little bit too choppy for my liking, but I still really enjoyed reading it. It puts a few different ideas in my head about its exact meaning, but this is the style of writing that I enjoy: you can choose whichever meaning you can relate to. I like the idea of "searching for the shore" of someone's face. It makes me wonder. Pondering is fun sometimes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

All we have to do is say yes, but i say no alot LOL, love the poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hope and dispair. Love and apathy. Acceptance and rebellion.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it took me a while to find ur direction with this one, neva. the usual beauty and flow are present, as i would expect. however, there's an unease that is rare in ur work. a wonderful poem nontheless. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm interpret it any way I please I like that as poetry is interpreted differently from person to person.

We all want love and to be with the one we love and who love us. But how do we handle it when we can't be with them physically? or worse we haven't even found them yet? Doesn't doubt tell us that the longer we are away from our love the weaker our relationship or bond with them will become? That is the "No" and how I interpret it from the beginning of your poem.

This first verse to me has destroyed so many relationships because one of the two loses faith from that little voice telling them that something is wrong, they are not faithful, they have lost interest, and so on our minds torture us because our flesh needs instant gratification and when we don't get it we dream of monsters in our heads.

However...

If we keep our minds right and we stay focused on what we know instead of focusing on what we imagine to be true then our foundation remains strong and that little voice that once said no now will say Yes and when we follow were we feel we will also hear the hello and sighs because we have reached a balance based in reality and not fiction.

This is how I interpreted your poem but it is just my thought as I read it.

Beautiful writing and spiritual awakening you have in your pen.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel like towards the end you were getting at that little piece of acceptance that none of us understand, acceptance of things we miss and the tiny bit of joy they bring us in the wake of all the sadness. Yet, without those deepest memories that draw so much pain from us, they still bring us some semblance of content. Is this far reaching? Anyway, while reading this, I was there in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There was a feeling of sadness and yet it was hopeful. Another wonderfully written piece

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1829 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 20, 2011
Last Updated on April 20, 2011
Tags: perplexity, thoughts, foundation, shores, face

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT