Feeding on Feelings

Feeding on Feelings

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

staggering backwards into two seconds ago............

"

He tore himself apart for breakfast until he resembled the seasons that were running down the unimportant streets of silence.  
Hoping for an endless meal because he was afraid he had seen this all before and was simply famished.

A creature observed the return of a shower of attention and suddenly found itself hiding in the back of his kitchen, while silence took the risk of creating fireworks in both their minds.

Ice-water peered cautiously over the rim of his glass as it gathered as if waiting for back up, with an agitation that was all too familiar it called out in a voice that toppled over the realization that it was permanently trapped.

A tangle of small wonder that called itself understanding did not trust the voices of time as they had become wildly deformed and held onto the same chill as the glass that stared back with no apology.  

The next instant brought a sudden end that urgently painted torrents of strange confusion into everything else. Yet when he asked what had happened the creature played hell for a couple of minutes as it staggered backwards into two seconds ago.

He swung around looking in the back of his kitchen for advice, deeply troubled as ice-water seemed to form in his veins.  He existed by nourishing himself with his own feelings and yet was still hungry.  The creature knew as it watched him advance to the back of his kitchen that the man’s hunger had not been appeased.   

The creature cringed with the same fear as the ice-water peering over the rim of his glass knowing it was trapped.  It watched as he advanced to take his next bite with eyes as cold as the glass where the ice-water was trapped.

Nourishment was at hand within the feelings of the creature……as he closed in I realized the creature in the back of his kitchen, was me.

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


Author's Note

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
About emotional verbal abuse, not about current events, more of an experiment in writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ill call this a stoem part story part poem...now for the write

Very different piece from you Neva, I like it when you experiment and play here, there is this gorgeous dark side to you that you hold close but when you allow it out it plays with such depth and emotion. Let it out to play more and let us see the "real" Neva, if you dare...

Says the Serpent to the Angel

You know I like it :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh my beautiful storm.....it was superb...like a waterfall of urgency cascading down, I could feel the impatience of the descriptions, as they hurry, tripping over each other in desperation....just marvelous.
for those of us that just....KNOW.^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Just a small request if you will? Play us another song from this wonderful Violin, a Stratavarious Me thinks!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree Aidz, very differant piece from you indeed. I was not sure of the creature though I had my suspisions untill the end. I again was not sure of the subject matter till the end. I love that kind of suspense, it thrills me, such as this piece did in reading it! Very nice work Neva, one of my favorites of yours!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emotional abuse can be more hurtful and last longer as if someone torments you day in and day out, but what i also dnt get is when woman get treated this way yet they dont wanna leave, they cry if the partner walks out..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting, you make a good story writer as well :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice ! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emotional and verbal abuse is very real. I love the way this piece is written, very dark and saddening like the the subject. I attend a therapy meeting weekly for men who suffer with anger and abuse problems. I wish they could read this to really see the suffering that is caused from abuse. Excellent work Neva.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you know it is different when it does not contain a stand apart picture that ever so comforts the reader into their journey of one of your lovely poems. This was illustrious dark and wonderful with a brooding tone. Magical and beautiful in its own way, well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
A wonderful experiment. So different from your regular style, yet still you and still perfection More please. I am becoming greedy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is so different and so amazing...what an analogy..this is top shelf writing Neva...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1252 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011
Tags: prose, bizarre, feelings, emotional abuse

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing