Missing Milly

Missing Milly

A Poem by ChaoticlyYours
"

This is a story about a girl named Milly who is ravaged by loneliness so great that she goes insane. This is part of a collection of short stories called Infrequentia.

"
Missing Milly

Milly was a fair child and quiet and serene nothing could bother her at least nothing that could be seen. When the lights go out and night has settled she sits in her room and things, her mind runs with horrible things something a young girl shouldn't think. she thinks about screaming and to finally let go let her emotions flow to parts unknown. She knows she wants to say it, she knows she wants to paint it; she knows she wants to kick and scream and make the whole world know it. But she stops herself from sharing the feelings that she has because no one's there to listen; no one to share the guilt. She ponders in her room to her silent group of friends she takes comfort in the darkness and runs back to it time and again.

Sometimes she wishes to talk to boys or gossip with the girls but they shun her at the playground and make fun of her tight curls. She feels she is not worthy and stares at her reflection, is she too hairy or pale or too gruesome? She notices the red and notices the white but she never see what she has inside. So she runs into her bedroom and cries herself to sleep ready to scream and shout to people who are incomplete. She calls them her friends they are they sky, the moon, the stars her best friends are her room and her books most of all. she talks to them at midnight wanting advice and company but then she realizes she is talking only to herself and cries to sleep.

For years she acts like this; an emotionless robot girl desensitized from being alone for far too long in this world. so she is diagnosed as too dumb to make friends too stupid to be social too ignorant to make amends with her past and start anew. She just closed her eyes and shouted in her mind to no one in particular within suspended time. when she is all happy and the mask is right in place she tries to attract attention but it ends in the same place. The people they don't like her and make fun of her first before she ever could no one bothers to hear her she feels that she is cursed. Though someone is looking and Watching all her moves and wants to be so close to her but doesn't know how to move. She goes on in life alone to this very day still sitting in that padded room she sits the day away.

In her room she screams alone but now someone listens someone watches and someone knows. a camera is in her room a nurse right out the door a noose sets in her closet a chair sits alone. She touches her face and see the red and white she says a little prayer before her eternal good night. She thought she could stick it out alone but this holds oh so true that humans cannot be alone their must always be two, the loneliness got to her the sadness took her soul and now she is Mad Milly and has no place to go.

The one that was Watching looks through his mind at the double sided window that is Milly, his fellow childhood middle school occupant, and wonders the "ifs" upon finally meeting her properly so he decides to look for her to explore all her secrets. He finds her in a sad place an asylum close to him so he decides to visit to try to move close to her again. He checks into the building and looked around the rooms everyone was screaming his blood was cold his veins were filled with gloom. He made it to her room and knocked upon the door when no one seemed to answer he decided to enter the room to her world mind to her solitude. He stood alone in silence and let his eyes see that Milly isn't here, Mad Milly is, and she is Missing.

He looked around the room it was all so bare but something in his heart brought him to the closet door he moved quickly there. he opened it and saw that Milly was almost gone he picked her up and smiled and loosed up the noose he held her very gently feeling breath, so still, her lucid body. He took her with him to a place where they could be alone together where they can care for one another and he can continue his Watching in peace. Milly will always stay Missing it's just the way things are, loneliness has taken the Milly that was now so very far. But he didn't mind her cold stares and mean and hurtful words. yet sometimes she is sweet and gentle with her mannerisms and ways and he is shown a little more of Missing Milly's true self that's so very far away.

© 2011 ChaoticlyYours


Author's Note

ChaoticlyYours
I have never been too good at grammar so I'm sure I have plenty of those mistakes in there.

In general for this little story I had a more harsh ending but for the sake of my own sanity since this was tough to write I decided it had to have a sort of "hopeful" ending.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011
Tags: missing milly, loneliness, depression, mental health, insanity, infrequentia, short story

Author

ChaoticlyYours
ChaoticlyYours

Maine, ME



About
I use to write a lot when I was a kid, I'd come up with story ideas when I awoke in the middle of the night and then scribble down ideas in a notebook beside my pillow. The next day I'd go to school a.. more..

Writing