In Red...

In Red...

A Poem by Quill~
"

Unspoken words...

"

Reds
Strong and tall
you built impenetrable walls,
you invited me in
to sit with you for a while,
when truly a moment was all you had...

With a dysfunctional heart, I knew
I was facing the inevitable winds of change,
as we slipped through the cracks of time
I struggled to memorize your smile...

To remember every soft line, every whisper;
when you told me you loved me,
why did you blind my eyes?
blurring hues of red...

Your unspoken words,
I turn them over and over
inside my head,
as Autumn begs to move on...

© 2013 Quill~


Author's Note

Quill~

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

~~ Oh these unspoken words ~~ Always kill the intimacy factor bringing a hotness of red around the seven oceans ~~ Ah! *Sigh* ~~~ Peace ~~~ what most I love about this write`s the great "Starting" of it with some hot & powerful words ~~~

Strong and tall
you built impenetrable walls,
you invited me in
to sit with you for a while,
when truly a moment was all you had...

~~~ Lovely ~~ Intoxicating ~~~ Adorable & so, Appreciable ~~~ very precious write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Quill~

9 Years Ago

:) thank you Stephen!
Stephen

9 Years Ago

I adore your words ... I`m grateful to read your one more write which`s too ~~ wet the tongue of min.. read more
So intensely sad, Quill...though I obviously don't know the story behind this, it sounds as though it was someone who hurt you deeply.

And yet, you've written a beautiful piece out of that hurt and suffering. I love the lines in the first stanza, "you invited me in/to sit with you for awhile/when truly a moment was all you had." Not only is it amazingly expressed, I feel as though I (and other authors here) can relate to some of your pain, even if we didn't exactly go through the same situation.

I can especially relate to the last verse, the "Your unspoken words/I turn them over and over," as I've been in relationships where I could only think of the hurt and pain, and wondered, "What exactly went wrong? What was she thinking?"

These romantic relationships and encounters seem like such complicated things, and yet from them arises some of the greatest poetry and art, I believe.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can't outdo Terry's review or anyone else's so I'll just say great poem Quill although rather sad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Another beautiful piece, Quill. It feels very personal. It gave me a sad feeling when I read it. I hope things are different now. Something tells me they are.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm always amazed at with which the power of your permission to enter this space, the space of this uncompromising love realm... everything is so complete and committed. It scares the hell out me. Its the place in me that I deny I have. That romance is dead. That love is dead. That rapture is dead. That abandon is dead. That the blissful sensation of merging towards another, risking what feels like striped open exposure... dead. That's what I say to myself. For my fear is too great. The challenge of impenetrable walls, the 'out of normal functioning heart'.... ah, crazy loves are born this way. You have a frequency to write with power in this place- one that I do not have. But its in me. Truth is. It devours me. I'm absolutely a romantic at heart. It was my cauldron of fire i was born into... i had no choice. But the plight of the romantic can be such a tragic one... I don't know. Seems nothing worse, than a romantic who have ought naught to love. Your exquisite stories are so well toned and crafted, yet subtle enough to highlight the slippery duality of this most unhinging ground. Time really stands still in this piece.
So I live vicariously off your writing. It makes me think about this space. Forces it into my face for examination, except from a safer distance. And i like that your writing makes me want to write something about it. It inspires. Marks of a Muse.
There are no should could's or woulds- only Learning! Great Read Quill....!

Terry-

Posted 10 Years Ago


Odysseus Wanders

10 Years Ago

the nightmare and bane of every writer... the after discovered typo... I understand all to well:) in.. read more
Quill~

10 Years Ago

There is quite a bit of sensitivity in your response.
Never have I come across someone so jade.. read more
Odysseus Wanders

10 Years Ago

You speak truly... for there is sensitivity in abundance. I've fields of it, rich; it is the fertile.. read more
That feeling you get when you know that this night is important and you NEED to remember every single detail, because whatever it was that just happened, has changed you forever. Whether or not you should have put yourself in that situation. The beautiful complexities of life that we thirst for. Some leave us high and some low and both make life worth living. I really like this one!

PS ~ Is this connected to the song playing or do you just appreciate T Swift the way I do? haha

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) i love this song too... I chose it to add depth to the emotional content of this piece...it is in.. read more
It's amazing how one can waltz into our lives, completely out of the blue, dysfunctional heart and confused mind, profess love, and then drift away like a leaf in the wind. We are touched forever but cannot grasp that which was never meant to be held. Like the wind, it blows onward to another shore, leaving us behind. Nicely penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thank you kindly Linda!
...you built impenetrable walls,
you invited me in
to sit with you for a while,
when truly a moment was all you had...

Some blow right through our lives, lasting only a season, a moment, knowing from the start they plan to move on... still, they capture hearts enough to break them when they are gone... The human heart is so good at this fragile kind of love... Beautiful poem, Quill...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thank you Horizon K.!
There is so much unspoken and yet understood.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thank you kindly!
A beautiful poem.
"To remember every soft line, every whisper;
when you told me you loved me,
why did you blind my eyes?
blurring hues of red..."
I like the above lines. The memories allow us to swim again in the warm desires again. The strong description create good visions and thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thanks so much!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1412 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 23, 2013
Last Updated on November 23, 2013
Tags: MC

Author

Quill~
Quill~

Pink Clouds



About
I'm a romantic at heart, here to express myself through my work...I write for me. I welcome others to read. I look forward to learning and sharing thoughts, through poetry and stories. :) Quill~ .. more..

Writing
The One... The One...

A Poem by Quill~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren