The Adventures of Sadie Milo

The Adventures of Sadie Milo

A Story by Cree Nations
"

this is a TRUE story with a little flare

"
"It's dark, just the wee hours of early morning when light is just waking up. All the critters out in my yard appear to be asleep, still, unmoving, all stretched out in their own private little safe haven, and all is right with their world. Or so they might want us to believe. Imagine this..."

Rays of light are pushing their way through the darkness, there's a courtyard war going on, and nobody from the outside perimeter is even aware there is a stealth attack being planned. All who are involved have been sworn to secrecy, (by threat of no kitty treats for an entire day). Their plan must go off without a hitch.

STEALTH TEAM "A": Captain Pookie, Sgt. Moonpie, Private Cleo

STEALTH TEAM "B": Lt. Jaxxaroo, Sgt. Sunshine, Private Sox

SNIPER: Sadie Milo (the ring leader)

Special Note: Private Cleo has just been placed on emergency maternity leave effective immediately.

PLAN: Kill the friggin Mockingbird dead

The special forces are in position. It would take a Special Agent to find them in their strategic positions. The unsuspecting bird is circling the courtyard in the early morning light, searching for his prey (Private Sox). Thinking when that little terrorist comes out for breakfast, "I'll swoop in and attack." The scene is set. The bird circles. The cats crouch. Private Sox is sent out to be sacrificed for the good of the mission. The private is reluctant to go, but takes a spat from Sgt. Jazzaroo and slowly heads out. Strutting as if nothing is amiss. (he hopes). Private Sox heads toward the dish, privately thinking "why couldn't that woman have waited for daylight to serve us our breakfast, she knows that bird hates me." But the private is determined to carry out his mission, he trudges on. The bird circles. The cats crouch lower to the ground, tails twitching. Lower the bird flies. The private hears that hated and dreaded squawk. The teams are at the ready, their sniper is in position. Private Sox reaches the bowl, stretches and very bravely begins to eat his breakfast. The bird circles, then lands on the picnic table. He actually admires the stupid little cat for his bravery - coming out alone to eat. He should know better. The bird looks around, wondering where all the other catmonsters are hiding, then he turns his attention back to the unsuspecting kitten. The bird is mesmerized by the kittens bravery. Little does the enemy know the forces are moving in. The sniper makes her move, faster than a speeding bullet. "GOTCHA". The dreaded enemy Mockingbird is down. The team moves in. The enemy is history.

Now in the full light of the morning nothing remains of the mission except for a few scattered feathers. The CLEANER (that woman) has gone in and removed the carcass of the dreaded dead enemy. That woman adds some treats to their breakfast, knowing how brave her troops were. Private Sox is safe at last.

The above is indeed a true story. Sure I added creativity to it, but I watched it happened with my own eyes. At one time I had nine cats living in my courtyard. Sox was the youngest and the smallest. The dreaded enemy (the Mockingbird) singles out little Sox and without fail that bird would come every morning and wait for that sweet little cat. It didn't matter when Sox went to eat, the bird was there and would swoop down and peck Sox on his head and body.

The moral of this story is never underestimate a group of felines.

© 2013 Cree Nations


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013

Author

Cree Nations
Cree Nations

Houston, TX



About
Hello, Where to start? I always have trouble with this part for some reason. Texan that's me. Religiously speaking I don't fall into any denomination. I believe in God and have the highest regard for .. more..

Writing
Dignity Dignity

A Poem by Cree Nations