Carmel Kisses

Carmel Kisses

A Story by Chellie
"

Faye and Leo have been best friends for as long as they can remember. But as they get older, Faye starts having feelings for Leo. But does he love her back?

"

Carmel Kisses

     Blossoms flew in the wind from the trees; as it was spring, and the winter air was still blowing. It was cold outside, but still warm enough to get away with wearing shorts. Children were playing in the fresh spring grass, and birds were chirping, hidden by the new blossoms on the trees. People were everywhere; for it was far to beautiful a day to stay inside. It had seemed that everyone was outside, gossiping or visiting, playing or working in yards. That was, all but one.

     Faye was sitting at the window, staring out into the yards of her neighbors. She was daydreaming, about what, nobody ever knew. She rested her chin on her hand. A bowl of hard Carmel candies sat next to her. She popped one in her mouth and began sucking on it; working it down to nothing. A strand of her long dark brown hair fell in her face. She scrunched her nose in frustration and tried to blow it away. It feel back into her face once again. She brought an angered hand up and brushed the stray hair back into place.

     She let out a long, exaggerated sigh as she got up and made her way to the couch. The bowl of Carmel's was placed on the table next to the couch, and another was popped into her mouth. She plopped down onto the couch. For a long time, Faye stared at the ceiling, again daydreaming about something only she knew.

     The Carmel in her mouth had completely melted, so she reached a lazy arm up to the bowl and grabbed another. All day she had been snacking on the Carmel's, and had already eaten well over half the bowl. She let out another long sigh as the Carmel was placed on her lips.

     "Leo" She whispered. She closed her eyes as she allowed the Carmel to fall into her mouth. Leo was her best friend. They had been friends for as long as she could remember. They grew up together, went to school together, and even lived by each other.

     But as of late, Faye had begun to develop feelings for her friend. She had realized what a fine man he had become, and now looked at him more as a possible lover than a friend. Whatever she did, she couldn't get him off her mind. She loved the way he talked, the way he walked, his smile, his eyes, and yes, his muscular body. She had never noticed how his body had formed over the years and how his personality and character had built.

     Her eyes were closed and she began to fall to sleep. The couch was so cushiony and comfortable, and Faye being lazy was just enough to put her to sleep.

     "You know, your going to choke on that Carmel Faye. You really shouldn't sleep with candy in your mouth." A deep voice came from across the room. Faye's eyes shot open to look at the man standing in her living room. "You look rather uncomfortable there." He chuckled a little. Her right leg was swung over the back of the couch, and her left arm was dangling off the edge.

     "Oh Leo, Its just you. I though you were someone breaking in or something. Haven't you ever heard of knocking, or a doorbell?" An annoyed look crossed Faye's face. Her eyes avoided his as she sat up. Leo walked over and sat next to her.

     Faye leaned over and grabbed another Carmel and stuck it in her mouth. Leo looked at her with amusement. "Hey, give me one of those"

     "Get your own." Faye smirked at her friend. She glanced at Leo from the corner of her eyes. He was just sitting there looking at her. Faye looked away quickly. The room was quiet for a few seconds, and Faye felt the awkwardness of the situation.

     "Fine then, I will." Leo grabbed Faye. She turned to look at him, and before she knew what hit her, his lips crashed onto her own. Her eyes widened in both shock and excitement. She was kissing him, she was actually kissing him. Leo slipped his tongue inside, played with hers for a moment, then broke the kiss.

     Faye looked at him with confusion. Leo smiled, the Carmel placed between his teeth where she could clearly see it. He had stole her Carmel. Surely she would have to get it back.

     Without even thinking, Faye kissed Leo again. This time, her tongue slipping in to play with his. But Leo wasn't going to make it easy to get the Carmel back. Their tongues battled for dominance and for the Carmel. Finally, out of pure luck, Faye managed to snatch the Carmel. She quickly pulled away and swallowed what was left of the tiny candy. Leo smiled at her.

     "You wanna do it again?" He asked. The room feel silent. Faye blushed slightly at the question, but managed to keep her eye contact with Leo. A smile spread from ear to ear.

     "Sure." was all she said, and she grabbed another Carmel and popped it into Leo's mouth. They began the long processes of what they later called Carmel Kissing.

     Years later they would look back at that day. The day they first realized that the feelings they held for each other were pure, and remember the Carmel Kisses they shared that had started it all.

© 2009 Chellie


Author's Note

Chellie
A story written over five years ago. It's short, I know. I thought about making it longer, but every plot that I come up with doesn't really fit the characters, so I think it is best how it is. Hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very nice story. Taste are the best memories. The simple items like a piece of Carmel can lead us to good places and memories. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written.
I thought you were supposed to split the dialouge in each line though?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the idea of the caramel that the keep stealing from each other. Such a cute story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel like im in some chic flick when im reading this. He he.

Sweet

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

who cares if it was short! i loved this it was a sweet story that showed how an unexpected kiss helps you realise about true love... and carmel kisses sound amazing :D another great one :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it:) really sweet and sincere. good work

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not bad, good job

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

925 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009

Author

Chellie
Chellie

CA



About
I am a writer of many genres and styles. I love poetry, short stories, and novels. If I had it my way I would spend my days sunning in the pool with a book in my hands. And at night writing till my he.. more..

Writing
In The Moment In The Moment

A Story by Chellie


All Of Me All Of Me

A Poem by Chellie


Crave Pt. 2 Crave Pt. 2

A Poem by Chellie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Skittles Skittles

A Story by c.m.