Save Me Before I'm Lost Forever

Save Me Before I'm Lost Forever

A Story by Chellie
"

As the girl dangles from the cliff edge, she contemplates on letting go. Only the thoughts of her one true love give her the strenght to hold on.

"

Save Me before I'm Lost Forever

     The girl hung, dangling over the cliff. If her hand were to slip from the grasp it has on the ledge, it would mean certain death. She cried for help, but nobody could here her, for she was all alone out in the mountains. She lived in a little house up there, with her boyfriend of three years. They had gotten in a fight, and she came to this cliff, where she often comes to think and relax. But she got to close to the edge and fell over, grasping the ledge just at the right moment.

     She held on with every ounce of strength she had. She let out another cry for help, but again, no one came to her rescue. Tears trickled down her face. They glistened in the setting sun, as they fell to the ground. She didn’t have the upper body strength to pull herself up.

     The girl thought about her options. She could just let go and get it over with right now, or pro long it and slowly slip of the edge. And after several minutes of thinking she had come to a conclusion. More tears streamed down her face, and she let out a few sobs as she remembered everything she could about her life. Her home, her family, her one true love. Her one true love! What would he think when he found her body at the bottom of the cliff? How would he go on, how would he live? Her mind raced with thoughts once again. Now she felt more willing to stay on this earth, tied to her one and only love.

     Her arm was beginning to hurt and ache. Her whole body was beginning to shake. Her hand began to slip, and her fingers griped tighter digging into the dirt on the ledge. It didn't work, she kept slipping. Her hand was almost off. She let out one more cry for help. Still nothing. She lost all hope, and her life seemed to flash right before her very eyes. Then when she thought nothing could be done, a voice called out for her. A voice, so heavenly, that it seemed to echo throughout the world. She immediately gathered enough strength to hold on. Calling out for the voice, she felt a strong grip holding her arm. She looked up to see her love.

     She new at that moment, she was safe. He pulled her up, and sat her on his lap holding her in a warm embrace, letting her cry into his chest. He stroked her hair, and softly told her over and over that everything was fine. They stayed in that warm embrace for an hour, until she finally cried herself to sleep. He carried her back to there house, and put her to bed. Climbing in bed with her, he pulled her close to him once again. She woke up staring into his eye, and inched her way as close to him as she could get. They fell asleep in each others arms that night. And that is how they fell asleep every night for the rest of there lives.

© 2009 Chellie


Author's Note

Chellie
I rated it teen because it suggests suicide.

Another short story. This one abuot a girl who got to close to a cliff edge, and is now fighting for her life. Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed this! The first couple paragraphs had me worrying that she would let go, and her love would just find her at the bottom, and maybe her love would attempt to do the same thing. I was so relieved to know that it has a good ending. Great job, it was very decriptive and it showed, and didnt tell. Great Job!. -kaylynnmelody♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really enjoyed this! The first couple paragraphs had me worrying that she would let go, and her love would just find her at the bottom, and maybe her love would attempt to do the same thing. I was so relieved to know that it has a good ending. Great job, it was very decriptive and it showed, and didnt tell. Great Job!. -kaylynnmelody♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is sad and beautiful. I like the girl thoughts as she hung on for her life. Description and story was very good. I'm glad it was a good ending. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. While reading, the detail was so strong that I could see it happening, and I wanted to cry out and save her. That's what good stories make me do. ;) well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

630 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2009

Author

Chellie
Chellie

CA



About
I am a writer of many genres and styles. I love poetry, short stories, and novels. If I had it my way I would spend my days sunning in the pool with a book in my hands. And at night writing till my he.. more..

Writing
In The Moment In The Moment

A Story by Chellie


All Of Me All Of Me

A Poem by Chellie


Crave Pt. 2 Crave Pt. 2

A Poem by Chellie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..