Prologue: Silent Threats

Prologue: Silent Threats

A Chapter by Chellie
"

The Volturi come to collect, but Shay isn't ready pay up just yet. Now she will have to pay the price.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Prologue: Silent Threats

 

Four pairs of red eyes peered at me from a short distance. Grayson tightened his grip on my wrist and stepped slightly in front of me, a low growl emerging from him; a warning to stay back.

 

The smallest of the four, also the leader, let a smile creep onto her pale face. Determination, then satisfaction played across her features. I knew who she was, what she wanted. She had come to collect, and I wasn’t ready to pay up.

 

Grayson’s grip on my wrist tightened again, then suddenly released altogether. He took a step back, and from the corner of my eye, because I was not about to look away from any of the enemies standing before me, I could see his face contort in pain. His eyes widened, then shut tight as a tremor racked his body, and he fell to his knees holding his head. An unholy scream ripped from his lips.

 

My gaze hardened on the small girl with red eyes. Her eyes stayed glued to Grayson sending wave after wave of pain to his body. “Stop!” I allowed myself to speak the word. It was spoken harsh and demanding, just how I wanted it to sound. Immediately her eyes flicked back to mine, and I heard Gray panting, slowly starting to relax.

 

Her eyes turned to me, and the same emotions played on her face again as she tried to send pain to me. Somewhere in the back of her mind she must have remembered that she would be unable to cause such a pain to me, and she didn’t try very hard or long.

 

Again her lips turned up into a smile. It was a smile that the most evil of beings would fear, for it held the promise of pain. She was sure that I would get whatever punishment she thought fit for not keeping my word. Little did she know that this time around, I actually had something to live for, a life to live.

 

“Shayleen Johnson. Or should I call you Lexi Black? Who are you really?” She asked in a sing-song voice that sounded completely opposite of what she really was. I didn’t bother to answer, it didn’t really matter. “Never mind. It’s of no importance anyway. Here’s the deal. Your going to live up to your word and come with us now, or we are going to have to kill you. Don’t give us your sob story about leaving your child alone without parents. You promised us one year, and we gave you five to find a place for it. If you haven’t planned this out, that’s your problem, and as I’m sure you guessed, none of us care.”

 

I rolled my eyes with disgust, making sure the action was obvious. Gray stood then, preparing for what was sure to come.

 

“Well then, I guess your just going to have to kill us. I’m not going anywhere with you.” The words slid smoothly off my tongue, like I was born to say them. My voice conveyed confidence, and a hint of a threat. A threat I was certain she would catch on to.

 

Sure enough, she took the comment as a threat, just how I intended it, and smiled again. “Well then Shayleen, say goodbye to your precious life.”

 

And then, with a demented smile on her face, the small girl with the red eyes, and the three other bloodsuckers lunged.



© 2010 Chellie


Author's Note

Chellie
Banner was made by me.

Well, I know this is kind of confusing right now, but give it a few chapters, and I promise this will all come together.

Let me know what you think and what I should improve on. Hope you enjoyed it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really alls it needs is the background story. The points and decisions leading up to this point of the story. It starts out with a bang. It works as the beginning and could work as the ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 4, 2010
Last Updated on July 4, 2010


Author

Chellie
Chellie

CA



About
I am a writer of many genres and styles. I love poetry, short stories, and novels. If I had it my way I would spend my days sunning in the pool with a book in my hands. And at night writing till my he.. more..

Writing
In The Moment In The Moment

A Story by Chellie


All Of Me All Of Me

A Poem by Chellie


Crave Pt. 2 Crave Pt. 2

A Poem by Chellie