Ballerinas and Moning Glories

Ballerinas and Moning Glories

A Story by Cherrie Palmer
"

written for the birth of my grand daughter

"

"Good morning Mother." Stated the five-year-old. As she danced out of bed fully dressed in her lace, tights and tiara. Toes extended and arms framed she twisted and plie` down the hall to breakfast. Out of no where she began the tale of how ballerinas are born.

"Did you know while you were sleeping at night a host of angels would let themselves into our home, my own angel would rub your tummy as she whispered my name and ever so gently kiss your forehead. Leaving a light residue of heavenly dust behind. Leaving you with a radiant glow. Night after night she did this until the night of my birth.

On that night she went to heaven to greet me. Heavens own Prince introduced me to the evening stars that whispered in my ear. Telling me how to make the peoples eyes twinkle as I dance. Then I met the peaceful East Wind. Also whispering in my ear. Telling me the secret of gliding on air.

I set in a field of Morning Glories thinking how I will miss this holy place. As God’s own Morning Star whispered to me my true name and told me of loves true meaning and with a kiss on the forehead reminding me to hold dear the pure heart I had been given. The light from the night stars and the refreshing east wind delivered me to your waiting arms and that Mother, is how ballerinas are born.

Peyton Marie Palmer 07-18-2008

© 2011 Cherrie Palmer


Author's Note

Cherrie Palmer
any commens are welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a delightful story , children of all ages will love this and as i count myself as a peter pan type . i'm one such child , a lovely read , thanks so much for sharing .

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And so it is. *smile* You already know how I feel about your children's stories, this was no exception. Short and cute.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Truly enchanting- A magical ride to heaven- A beautiful spiritual fairytale...


my warmest
bob

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh what a lovely account of how ballerinas are born..
what a dreamy fantasy write..
Heavens Prince whispered in my ears ,told me how to make people twinkle as I dance
Then i met the east wind..she whispered into my ear,the secret how i glide on the air when i dance
God own morning star also whispered to me loves true meaning,an reminded me of the pure heart I was given
And last the light of the night stars delivered me to your waiting arms..and thats mother how me as a ballerina was born
that was a dreamy wonderful write ,i really enjoyed it,you surely know how to tell a story so nice..
lovely write..

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 14, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason