The Word Made Flesh

The Word Made Flesh

A Story by Cherrie Palmer
"

Heaven's Door

"

     All children need a bedtime story to help them sleep.  Adults also need such a story to help us a wake. A single picture is worth a thousand words; this is true; some pictures are created with those very words. Gaze upon this image:  I see a paved street gleaming of gold. Its purity is so rare your reflection it beholds. It is teaming with saints of old and countless generations of family members untold. 

    They are singing of God’s grace and power of redemption. Some boastfully testify of Christ and His love. While just inside the Jasper City the hum of a million angel’s wings set pace of song to sound as God’s Angels sing; glory to God in the highest, Hallelujah, to the true and living God! Their song is in perfect pitch, and their harmony has no end. This glorious chatter of heaven briefly comes to a stop, as ‘The Lamb’s Book of Life’ comes forward all sounds and songs do cease and the Word made flesh announces the names of souls just saved.

     In the excitement of man’s salvation, a wave of laughter breaks forth and all Heaven’s inhabitants shout and then without missing a tick of the clock; they return to praise our God and Lord. This image continuously plays, for those there wait, for us here to arrive and on that great day when the last of us arrives, God’s church will become the bride of Christ, and the banquet of all the ages will shake Heaven’s floor, as all God’s children gather around His glorious throne.    

© 2012 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poem or story? :) I guess when it comes to heaven, it's hard not to wax poetic. Thinking about that time... that place, I think it will be much better if it's a continuation rather then a shock to the system (don't know if that makes sense). I want to be living such, that it's really like...coming home rather then overwhelming.
Thanks for the reminder Cherrie.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ah. I can't wait to get to heaven. Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this write reminds me of an etching i once saw in an old edition of Dante's Paradiso in the Divine Comedy...just ink on paper, but it was hypnotic

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Beautifully written in truth and filled with such peace...Bravo Cherry...Maybe..Hopefully...one day we will meet on the other side...
Awesome!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2012
Last Updated on May 2, 2012
Tags: fiction_heaven_God's Clory

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing