Her

Her

A Story by Cherry.pepper
"

This is a short story about a girl who finds herself in a psyhiatric hospital with no memory of why she's there or what she has done.

"

She walked slowly through the hallway with a blanket wrapped around her tiny body, it was cold and she was freezing. She felt so empty inside, why did no one believe her when it was her who was telling the truth? 

She had witnessed the whole thing with her own two eyes. She had seen how her brother had gotten into an extremely heated argument with their father. She had seen how her brother had picked up the knife from the table and how he ha 

d held it high and then stabbed their father right in the chest.  

She remembers the ambulance arriving and the vision of the two men in the ambulance picking up her father’s bloody body from the floor only to place it inside a black body bag. She had been so confused and so scared. Her body couldn`t function properly in that very moment. She had felt so weak and still remembers herself falling down on to the ground crawled up in a little ball while crying hysterically. No one had been there to catch her and comfort her. No one were there to tell her that everything would be okay, even though those words would off have been lies it would still have been nice to just have someone there to say it, someone there who cared. But everyone was gone. 

And now she was stuck in this horrible, awful, place. Filled with mad people, dangerous people, the kinds of people your mom tells you to run from. She didn`t belong here, it was her brother who should`ve been here. It was he who had done it, not her.  

“Vanessa, it`s time for your daily therapy session” the voice was friendly and familiar, she could feel herself being led away. A tiny door started to appear in her vision, inside that door was her therapist. She still couldn`t understand how he could have the patience to sit here and listen to all these psychopaths all day long.   

The nurse who had led her towards the gigantic door opened it for her and led her inside. Once they were there the nurse slowly let go of her arm. And then walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.  

"Good morning Vanessa" he said from where he was seated in his brown fauteuil behind the large desk with his glasses slightly tilted on his nose, his eyes focused on a book in front of him as usual. "Good morning" she mumbled back and seated herself in the uncomfortable leather chair on the other side of the desk.  

Slowly he closed his book and placed it on the desk in front of them while fixing his glasses. He then looked up at here and leaned back in his fauteuil. "So this is your second session with me, how does that feel?" He asked. She sighed and didn`t open her mouth, she refused to talk like she did the last time.  

He leaned forward in his fauteuil "You`re aware that we won`t be making any form of progress unless you talk right?". She still refused to open her mouth. He leaned back again and crossed his arms over his chest. "We can sit like this in silence the coming 90 minuets but If I were you I would start talking so I could get better". 

She bite her lip while thinking through her next move. All of this was just like a big game to her and every move she had made so far had been wrong. She had to start making the right moves if she ever wanted to get out.  

"Okay, we`ll do it your way", she could see a pleased smile form on his lips. "Why? What made you change your mind just like that?" He then asked with curiosity. 

"I want to get better" she replied shortly and he nodded.  

"What do you remember from that night? Describe everything as detailed as possible too me". 

She closed her eyes and thought back to that moment. "I remember hearing my brother and my father arguing over something downstairs which was very unusual. They always got along, always.  I remember walking downstairs to see what was going on, I walked into the kitchen witch is from where I heard the voices. My brother seemed so upset,  he was making crazy gestures and his hands were everywhere. It all happened so fast. Before I knew it he had a knife in one of his hands. I saw how he lifted it in the air, aiming it towards our father and stabbed him right in the chest. I was in chock, never would I thought he could do something like that. No human should be able to do something like that towards another human. I remember not being able to move nor stand, I collapsed on the ground and after that everything just went dark. The next second I see two ambulance men putting our father in a black body bag as if he was trash. And before I know it I find myself here"  

He looked at her with curiosity and nodded "Our time is out but you`ll be coming back tomorrow and we can further discus this". She took a deep breath and nodded before standing up and walking out of the room, the door half closing behind her.  

She was just about to start walking back to her room when she heard the therapist voice loud and clear. "You can come back in now" he said, at first she thought it was her he was talking to. But just as she was about to open the door she saw someone step out of a small room next to his. She stops herself and hides so she has a perfect view of the scene. 

The stranger walked up to the therapist and took his hand. "How did it go? Has any progress?" The stranger asked. He slowly nodded "This time she actually spoke to me but she still doesn`t remember what really happened" he answered. The stranger nodded "A little progress is better then nothing".  

"If she never remembers herself will you tell her?" The stranger asked. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Doubtful, she needs to remember herself. Me telling her that she was the one who killed her father and that her brother died in a car crash along with her mother three years ago would be bad. Very, very bad" He said. The stranger let out a small sigh, "That might be true but how will we every break her out of this otherwise?" The stranger asked. The therapist gave the stranger a worried look, "I`m not sure. It`s been two years and this is the only progress we`ve made so far. I`m starting to lose hope. She keeps waking up ever fourth month from her little dream world she has created inside her head with no memory of reality" 

Her eavesdropping was interrupted by the sound of foot steps coming from behind her, it was the same nurse that had led her here earlier. The nurse put her hand on her shoulder, "It`s bed time dear" the nurse said before leading her back to her room. 

She laid in her bed thinking about what the therapist and the stranger had discussed earlier. Were they talking about me? She thought right before dosing of to her four-month long sleep. 

© 2017 Cherry.pepper


Author's Note

Cherry.pepper
I am very aware of the many grammatical mistakes i have made in this short story but please feel free to point them out if you want to. I appreciate any criticism and postive reviews i get :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017
Tags: memory, loss, girl, murder, psychological, wild, crazy, betrayal, hurt, mental, life

Author

Cherry.pepper
Cherry.pepper

Sweden



About
All you have to know about me is that i write beacuse it makes me feel something amazing. more..