Nemy

Nemy

A Story by Taylor Harder
"

My random make up as you go. I'm aiming for a love story :)

"

     Nemy smoothed back her hair and watched as the ants crossed the old floorboards of her home, the place she was so familiar with that she could walk home from the meadow with her eyes closed. Softly, so that she won't wake her mother and younger brother from the small pallet they shared, she snuck out the front door into the cool fresh air.

     It was around early morning and the gentle breeze that greeted Nemy swooped through her hair to where it blew around like the soft fragrant grass in the meadow, her hair yet again disorganized that became a common feature about her. Nemy smiled, she couldn't wait to reach the meadow, the one place she and her close friend Launis could get away from the poverty and worries of home. Following a small dirt path through the town she reached the dense woods blocked off by a small wired fence, her entrance a hole big enough for her to squeeze through unscathed.

     Once she emerged from the other side of the fence Nemy weaved in and out of the thick sweet smelling trees, her feet easily lifting over familair roots and rocks that others would have caught. This was her sanctuary, a place where she felt at ease with no one depending on her at home to bring food on the table. She beamed once she reached the clearing, the sun shining here with more intensity that it made her frizzled hair glow a shiny light brown around her head, framing her round face.

     Launis seemed oblivious to her arrival as he focused on his carefully placed poster proped against a small wooden stand, squatting as he leaned up on his toes and scrutinizing his work before adding another smooth stroke of color to his page. A smile formed his gentle lips that showed a kind spirit that laid inside him, a twinkle in his eye gleamed that showed a playful mischief that usually scared others away. His excitement grew as a deer appeared into the meadow from the surrounding woods and bent it's neck to the ground, enjoying the green grass beneath. Quickly Launis dropped his brush and withdrew a small pencil as he sketched his new scence, his fingers moving swiftly and skillfully.

     As Nemy slowly approached him so as not to startle him and mess up his working creation Launis tilted his head back toward her and grinned, watching as she sat down beside him on her feet and pulled from her backpack a much smaller poster with its own stand.

     "You just missed it Nemy, a small white bunny hopped its way into the clearing, nibbled there on something for a bit, and hopped right on back to the bushes over there." Launis indicated with his finger shaking his head. "I thought to paint it for you since it's your favorite animal, but I got distracted."

     Nemy sighed and began sketching the deer herself, the two turning their heads back to their posters and speaking as they worked. "I've been wanting to capture a beautiful sketch of a bunny but the locals keep hunting them down to where there just isn't as many anymore, but look at this deer Launis. It's coat is so shiny I just wish I could show how beautiful it is like you can."

     Nemy snuck a quick glance at Launis to see him beaming. "If that were the case I'd sell my paintings for alot don't you think? People who live over in the Estates really love and can afford luxuries such as this." Launis frowned and fidgetted a little with the deers tail and Nemy nodded her assent.

     "I wish I lived in the Estates." Nemy spoke this without thinking and bit her bottom lip impulsively. Launis flinched and had pain all over his face and she didn't know why...

    

© 2010 Taylor Harder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your description, it feel's very real.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is chapter one

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

381 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 30, 2010
Last Updated on October 3, 2010
Tags: love, story, romance, passion, admire, hope, believe, random, nemy, launis