The End is Always the Beginning.

The End is Always the Beginning.

A Chapter by FrikinFrancesca
"

The intro to things.

"

   Katrina stared out, her body stiff against the floor she had just previously hit. The breath was knocked out of her lungs while her eyes trailed from the broken mirror to down at the pain in her right leg, the cat hissed and growled against her body. It's long claws digging sharply into her leg deeper with each passing second. It's thick, black fur standing straight up and outward in every direction like spikes. Katrina's brown eyes widened at the sight, the memory flashed before her eyes reminding her what the cat symbolized and she knew the meaning behind it all. She pushed the cat off her legs and stood from the floor sending herself bolting for Amber's room.

“Amber! Oh god, no!” Katrina's voice was nothing but a whisper but raised in volume with each word and each thought. Jay, who was leaning against the wall, waiting for the doctor eyed his sister and grabbed her by the shoulders and dragged her away from the tall door that lead into Amber's room.

“Katrina, you can't go in there yet, Amber is having another one of her episodes.”

   Katrina shook her head back and forth and tried to fight herself away from her older brother. She couldn't manage against his strength. He was holding her back but she could see clearly over his shoulder into Amber's room. She was sitting back into a corner, as close as you could probably get, the white room encased Amber. She was hugging her knees close to her chest, her eyes starred off, fear and terror hung in them. the dark circles hanging not to far below, they were black and big. Amber had been keeping herself awake, scared of sleeping. She knew how Amber felt sadly. Katrina starred into Amber's eyes and slowly followed her stare. She was staring at the opposite end of the white, padded room. A dark, shadowy figure lurked and formed while Amber and Katrina starred motionless. In the meantime men in white who worked at the Mental Institute came to shut the door to Amber's room. With this realization Katrina fought more against her brother, shouting at the top of her lungs till they were vacant of air, she could see the shadowy figure fully lurch towards Amber's fragile, desperate looking body. Katrina could see into the blue, glassy eyes of Ashley Biship. Her long, thick mess of hair  hanging loosly in her pale, flawless complection. The door was slowly closing and Katrina felt her body fall lifelessly. No one could see, only Katrina and Amber. Amber's own blue eyes flickered to Katrinas. They stared deeply into each others eyes for a second Katrina saw the suffering in them, the lack of sleep, the stress, the nightmares that filled her nights. The men shut the door completely and Katrina's heart sank. Within a few seconds a loud, terrified scream erupted from the room. Echoing in the back of Katrina's head as she stood there motionless knowing she had failed. Jay simply closed his eyes and held his sister close, whispering in her ear.

"It'll be okay, she'll get better here."



The Ending is always the Beginning.

Chapter 1~


   A small town that consists of less than a thousand people, Colman, South Dakota. It's hot and dry which leads to why there are only 572 people registered into this small, uncomfortable city. But something looms over this city more then just the weather that keeps people away. A story that is famous as it is infamous haunts the older city folk, if you're over 45 years of age there is a high chance you know what people mean when they bring up the name Ashley Biship. Her name haunts the ears of the people, they all know the story, the detail, the image of the kind, smiling girl who was brutally murdered. Behind the truth of the story is every exaggerated story. Most of the parents who have children in Colman have turned this murder into a simple ghost story, to keep the children in at night and not wondering around looking for dangerous fun.


If you stay out past dark, Ashley Biship will find you.


  All teenagers at some point who have heard the tale of the story when they were younger and it has not kept them away. One by one they have all gone in seek of her house. It remains untouched besides the vines embracing her old, broken down house since the murder that happened, 45 years ago. Many rumors come and go, people claiming they have seen Ashley standing in the bathroom window, staring out into the distance, some say they see her being chased through the house by her murderer. Others say if you stay there past midnight you can hear her scream her last scream. Everyone knows though, no one has stayed and waited to see if these rumors are true. To everyone this is not one tale you want to go mess around with.


Ashley Biship will appear behind you, in the mirror in which you'll pay very dear.

In the mirror she'll encase your fears so you better cover your ears.

You'll hear what she heard, your mind will go crazy.

Until your grave will be the one sprouting daises.


   “Katrina! Where are you?! We have boxes to move.”

A boy's voice yelled through the empty, baby blue walled room. His arms were crossed tight over his chest walking through the poorly lit room. He studied the one small window that existed in the room for a minute before he grabbed the black laced curtains away from the window and lets the sunshine poke through.

  “Just because we're in a new house doesn't mean you have to live like a vampire, Katrina.”

His blue eyes darted to Katrina who had herself propped up against the wall. A spray can in one hand, a juice box in the other. What a skilled muti-tasker, her hands covered in a dark shade of pink. She was tagging her wall with her name, a classic thing she did in each house she lived in. It was habit of hers to let people know, this is her room, and her stuff. So don't touch it.

  “Don't painters need good lighting?”

He cocked his head to the side trying to get a good look at the giant bubbled in K on the far left end of her wall. Katrina turned to face her brother, her dark blond hair was tied back into a messy pony tail with hairs sticking out in every direction, she had already somehow managed to get paint on her clothes and face. She had positioned herself on one of the boxes she was suppose to be taking care of. Swiftly she tried to move her body so Jay, her brother wouldn't notice. She could see the flicker in his blue eyes and the dents forming in his face that the frown was beginning to shape. His crossed arms got tighter and she could tell he knew exactly what she was trying to hide.

“Are those the boxes I told you to take care of a half hour ago?” His tone was strict and held a sense of annoyance. Biting down on her bottom lip she did a small shrug.

“This painter has NO idea what you're talking about.”

He simply gave her a look that said, you better take care of it before I take care of you, and left the room leaving her behind with the sun shining through her open window. The sunlight hit her bubbled, dark pink K with black outline around it. She frowned slightly tilting her head to the side like her brother trying to decide whether she liked it or not since she put the K at an angle you'd have to tilt your head to be a good judge on if you liked it or not. Not to mention Katrina was kind of a perfectionist. Which didn't help the cause. Everything had to be clean, neat and right, though this certainly didn't stop her from being lazy and letting her brother and Amber do all the heavy lifting. A slacker at heart.


  Katrina's family consisting of her brother and his girlfriend, Amber who thought it was an amazing idea to move to the middle of no where in a city called, Colman in South Dakota, not only was it sticky and humid and boring as hell, the whole city consisted of less then 600 people. This irritated Katrina to no end for weeks, she went from living in New York to this place. Which was infested with bugs! Another big no no on in her book. It was just a big down grade in her opinion.


  She stood up and stretched her arms high in the air, moving was a big thing for her. Lets just say she wasn't to happy when Jay decided he needed some peace and quiet to work on his book. Jay and her never really see eye to eye, they don't even look alike very much. Every one back in New York said they did. Who were like trying to fool though? Jay was about 5'8-5'9 and he had almost white hair and ice blue eyes. Katrina on the other hand was a dark blond because she found the humor in going outside but also being a basement dweller with brown almond shaped eyes. Whoever said they looked alike was either blind or on large amounts of crack, most people in New York lived up to that though. Amber looked more like his sister then she ever would. Amber and Jay both shared the blue eye trait. Which never failed to make Katrina jealous.


   After hours of hard labor her room was complete. Katrina's name was painted against the wall opposite of her one window. The certain waved in the breeze of the open window. She grumbled under her breath. Something about having to go to school tomorrow, her first official day of high school in a boring, dry place.

She was a junior, a mix between straight A's and B's. Never allowing herself to get below a B. School always was easy for her, never really having to study. Being talented with the ability to talk and get good notes all at the same time. She was never much of a social butterfly though, she kept to herself a lot of the time but around the right people she was the life of the party and her out going personality would shine through and always ended up surprising people. She was a loner her though, besides the creepy neighbor boy named Jacob. Within five seconds he was on her porch, shaking hands with her brother and eying her up and down. He didn't give her much hope for the city. She could still remember the conversation and the exact words he used.

“Don't expect much from around here, Katrina. This place is as fun as catching frogs.”


   Katrina was blowing her bangs out of her face while she glanced at Jacob. His tanned skin brought out his pretty green eyes. He had potential to be really attractive to bad he didn't seem to realize that. Within 10 minutes she had already heard his life story and boy, was it boring. Lived here all his life, never had a girlfriend, an only child and his parents are dentists, yep. One amazing story if you ask me.

“The only thing interesting about this place is screwing with the Biship place.”

“Biship?”

Vaguely being interested she questioned it. The name sounded weird out loud. Jacobs eyes trailed away from her form, a faint smile appearing against his capped lips.

“It's a ghost story, a girl was murdered, no one screws with the house though. No one has enough balls to do anything about it, but we dare people to go around it, you know? Hear the bullshit they come up with a day later claiming they seen her ghost and whatever.”

Katrina frowned, she had a thing against messing with the dead since her parents were dead.

“Ever heard of respecting the dead.” Katrina muttered softly.

“Heh, you're the first person to be uninterested in the whole story.” Katrina could hear the amusement in his voice, she was interested, she refused to admit it though.

“Maybe I should take you to the house sometime.”

Oh yes, take me to this dead girls house, no one you never had a girlfriend. Katrina thought bitterly.

“Eh, maybe. I have to go unpack, thanks for telling me the 411 on the town, sounds peachy.”

With that Katrina turned her back to Jacob. Trailing off into her new two story house, up the staircase and to her new room awaiting for school the next morning. Something she was absoutely dreading.



© 2010 FrikinFrancesca


Author's Note

FrikinFrancesca
Ignore grammar issues, this is all kind of a rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

564 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2010
Last Updated on July 23, 2010
Tags: first chapter
Previous Versions