Hatred and love

Hatred and love

A Poem by Chirinos20
"

We go through hard times. We have family to support us. I will be there for you. If you want my help sis.

"

I see myself in the mirror.

 I don’t see perfection.

I only see hatred burned inside of me.

 

My nature is unknown to those around me.

 I can control my temper.

 I know that if I don’t, bad things might happen.

 

Anger is triggered by memories.

They are memories that have been long forgotten.

I see them next to me, like television screens.

If I touch one, the memory on it will return.

 

I do my best not to touch those screens,

My finger slips and so I touch one.

 It has a memory from my past.

 

The screams won’t stop, my sister sobs and sobs.

Those brutal beatings done to her by my father are there.

Her back is full of bruises. They look like red snakes.

They are marked and seem to be buried deep inside her skin.

 

One, two, three, those were for your bad behavior.

Four, five, six, those were for your bad grades.

 Seven, eight, nine, those were for crying out loud.

 

You’ve finally got away from my father.

Only to find love, love that hates you.

 

One, two, three, this is for going to your mother’s house.

Four, five, six, this is for not giving me enough food.

 Seven, eight, nine, this is because I want to do it.

 

I love you so much.

If you want my help I will be there for you.

It staves me in the gut to know that I can do something at this moment,

and you don’t seek my help.  

I have tried to look that guy in the eyes,

to find an answer for the reason why he’s done you wrong.

 

He points his sight down.

He doesn’t speak badly to me.

I wish for an insult, to give me a reason to break his face in two.

I can control my anger.

I can control it for you.

© 2010 Chirinos20


Author's Note

Chirinos20
If you find any grammar mistakes please point them out. I am here to learn. Thank you, hope you like this piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a very powerful write, excellent

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very powerful. It really illustrates how those demons of the past are always there to haunt us. It's so often that abused people wind up in the same situation all over again. It captures the deep-seeded anger of a third party with an interest; had you just been another person writing an objective piece about abuse, without any first hand knowledge, it wouldn't have been such excellent read. I'm sorry for your sister, but I guess you made something good of the circumstances.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very moving piece of writing. I have also been abused in the past, so can empathise. I especially loved the part about memories and television screens - this really had a visualimpact on me. Very moving + well written, aside from a few grammar errors which are easily fixed. Keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this is incredibly revealing. I was horrible abused in my youth. I can understand not wanting someone I love to be angry, I struggle to keep those who would be angry because they love me at bay. It does not help to be vengeful. It helps to be loved and understood and let to have the situation delt with at ones will.
To be abused and to crave love are one and the same.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Anger is a cruel feeling as you have described vividly here. I find that anger stems from pain unresolved. A thought, it is very caring to try and control anger for someone, however it is futile to try to control others feelings even with love.
Unfortunately, everyone has free will and there are some things in life that even though desired are impossibility. Because of that good ole free will.
You words resonate with conviction, as you show much strength of character through your well-written prose. Great work! ~ :-)


Posted 14 Years Ago


This piece is very sad but very moving. It tells a story of pain. Only a few grammatical errors but i enjoyed it. thank you for sharing

Posted 14 Years Ago


An excellent piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


First, please let me say.... Poetry is not my forte. The only thing I can help you with here is grammar and grammatically, I don't see very much wrong. It seems that your 11th sentence should end in a period rather than a comma. And the sentence 'You've finally got away from my father'.... what do you think about 'You've finally gotten away from my father'? This is your call, but 'gotten' seemed to flow better to me.

Other than that, nice job.... and keep on writing. That is your best teacher.

IN reading and in writing ~Kathy

Posted 14 Years Ago


a few typos but still a great peice. Great job

Posted 14 Years Ago


There are a few typos, but nothing you wouldn't be able to fix by reading through the piece carefully. The piece itself is very well done. I like the repetition of the "One, two, three..." stanzas with the slight changes you made in each one; that really helps make an impact on the piece. The imagery is great, as is the detail. Very well done poem.

Below are some grammar corrections (they will be in brackets whereas suggestions will be in parentheses):

"Anger is trigger[ed] by memories.
They are memories that have been long forgotten.
I see them next to me, like television screens.
If I touch one, the memory on it will return."

"I love you so much.
If you want my help I will be there for you.
It [staves] me in the gut to know that I can do something at this moment,
and you don’t seek my help.
I have tried to see (look) that guy in the eyes,
to find an answer for the reason why he’s done you wrong."

"Trigger" needs to be put into the past tense (triggered).

"Staves" does not need an apostrophe in it. It is the third person singular form (an apostrophe followed by an "S" would mean that it is either a contraction of the noun "stave" and the verb "is" or it is the possessive form of the noun "stave".

To "see in" would be to literally see inside his eyes. Using "look" works better.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

797 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 6, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2010

Author

Chirinos20
Chirinos20

Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras



About
Hello, I am a new writer. It is my pleasure to read and to write. I look forward to expressing my thoughts through this site. My writing might change. In change I find true art. Art is what I'm lookin.. more..

Writing
The biginning The biginning

A Chapter by Chirinos20



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..