The beautiful jewel!

The beautiful jewel!

A Poem by Chirinos20
"

I had these feeling for this girl like 3 years ago and must of the content is fiction. I made some stuff up to make it more interesting.

"

You are in my thoughts every time I see your friends in a common place.

I seem to find them everywhere I go.

Tell me why I have remembered you?

I know you want me to forget you, for you have already erased me from your mind.

 

It is funny that I have not seen you since last time at school.

Your friends are always there.

They are keeping your memory alive.

 

It pains me to remember when I have finally forgotten.

It breaks my heart to know that you have another person in your life.

It is my thoughts of you being caressed by another guy that drenches my heart with molten lava and tears my flesh to pieces.

 

I know that you are doing well.

Your friends care for you as much as you family does.

I know that they will lift you up when I cannot.

They will give you a hand in the hard times that you might encounter in your bumpy road.

 

I thank them for doing me that favor.

The beauty of this is that I don’t have to ask for it.

You have earned their trust.

In doing so, you have gained their encouragement and unconditional support.

 

 

I had my chance and was blinded by rage at other people.

I should have given you a hug when I'd seen you register that day for school.

I was not strong enough to hold myself together.

I was not strong enough to tell you that I liked you.

 

I don’t know if you would have given me a chance.

I didn’t want it bad enough to risk my well being.

In these words I find the truth.

I find that I was a coward.

 

I have learned my lesson.

I pay everyday for not telling you what I felt.

You might have denied that chance.

You might have given it to me.

 

I regret my past.

I regret my present.

I will never regret my future.

I will make it right this time.

© 2010 Chirinos20


Author's Note

Chirinos20
Please just post your positive criticisms. This one is a personal poem with some fiction on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, how I can relate to this one. Way too many times I have been the coward that let opportunity pass. I hope that you too have learned.

Posted 14 Years Ago


There is a great gift in this sort of unrealised love.
To forever be a witness to that loved one.
To be of them, from afar.
You are perhaps a gaurdien Angel, she may one day need.
Whether or not she knows you.
Out of devotion there me be a time.
When her hope is failing, her heart broken, and her spirit in need.
And I am sure as a man, who wished to be a better man.
You will not worry about holding yourself together.
You will simply just make available your arms to hold her up.
Despite your crumbling self.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great write that carries many emotions that are relatable to a lot of people!
I love the way you have recount your emotions in this write. It stands out to me because of the well-chosen words that that flow into a picture about these type emotions from an experience like this.
This write comes from your soul’s verve; the energy that comes from your metaphors give great insight to this portrait you have painted so beautifully! Great write :-)


Posted 14 Years Ago


Powerful insight to some personal feelings with even regret being part of that. So many say do not live with regrets.. it's regrets that teach us to LIVE.. to Love.. to Feel.. to CHANGE.. I loved your ending and the honesty flowing through this.. you missed a possiblity nothing more.. but learned from it and trying to make it right is always a good thing.

Finding yourself to be a coward is a bit harsh if you were not ready for such commitment.. through openness or confrontation.. you can only be yourself! Great feelings coming through this.. really applaud this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the last verse. It ends on a positive note. It is hopeful and has a good message. You can't live life through regrets you have to push forward and live in the now. . Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great poem and I agree with Coyote . If you never take the chance you will never know.
Tanks for sharing.

Kelley

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very well penned piece you've got here, man. I especially love the last stanza, more specifically the last two lines. Great job, dude.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A fabulous poem. You portrayed your emotion and view well, aside from a few minor typos i can find nothing wrong with it. Fantastic job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A excellent poem. Take no chances. Never know what could of been.,
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010

Author

Chirinos20
Chirinos20

Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras



About
Hello, I am a new writer. It is my pleasure to read and to write. I look forward to expressing my thoughts through this site. My writing might change. In change I find true art. Art is what I'm lookin.. more..

Writing
The biginning The biginning

A Chapter by Chirinos20



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..