...did the chains break

...did the chains break

A Story by Rimmee

                 

Dawn ended in dusk and I felt as if I tried too hard to stay attached to it. I knelt down and wept…and the tears spread over my body like the sweetest poison the world has ever heard of. I felt succumbed while I was holding the chains as they had bound me from every side. And I too wanted them to bind me hard. It was not something against my will or against my thought. The chains had never compelled me in any way.The chains, I knew well, were succumbing me to death but still… I didn’t allow them to depart from me. And as I did…all my skin turned red and the sweat droplets trickled down from every part of my body. The thing which I thought to be a blessing upon me, was actually an undenied curse. The more I expected freedom from it, the more it turned me a slave.

And whenever I asked a boon , it came to me as a curse. And I tried and tried and tried even more…to turn my lifelessness to life. But it blessed me with death everyday.
One day, I finally decided to break all the chains that bound me like the ancient serpents, they, the chain of expectations. And as I tried, they started testing me every moment. With each passing day, they tested me more and more , and kept on avoiding them, undriven by extremity. And then, all of a sudden, they broke themselves forever, giving me way to ascend. The instant they broke, self-realisation dawned upon me like the golden light of the divine, and I started a search… a search of self instead of life, love and hope. They made me reflect through the core of life and whispered me the secret I had been searching for all these years. And this time I knelt down once again and wept bitterly, as the tears cleaned my every nerve and every piece of my soul.

© 2017 Rimmee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017

Author

Rimmee
Rimmee

Visakhapatnam, India



Writing